Alpha Posted June 26, 2004 Share Posted June 26, 2004 JERUSALEM (Reuters) - A diaper proved to be a life-saver when a venomous snake bit an Israeli infant, a doctor says. The 12-month-old baby, who had been playing in the backyard, was rushed to hospital only after his parents noticed fang marks on the diaper and swelling on his bottom while giving him a bath in the evening. "He had been bitten by a venomous snake," Dr Kobi Assaf of Jerusalem's Hadassah hospital told Israel Radio on Friday. "Luckily, the snake injected its venom into the diaper on coming into contact with it and most of the poison did not penetrate the skin." Doctors said there was no need to administer an antidote but the baby would remain in hospital for observation.Poor baby. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now