Ff7 Vs Ff8

Which one better Final Fantasy 7 or Final Fantasy 8?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't even try and compare the 2. You know why Final Fantasy VIII is "supposedly" worse then Final Fantasy VII? Because it's different. If you're really a fan of Final Fantasy and like it for the story, then you wouldnt put FFVII at the top of you're list for best FF's. Hell, Final Fantasy VI was better storywise then VII, the only thing that propelled VII into gaming stardom is the fact that it was the first good 3D epic in the series. Do you forget the fact that all the characters were rendered in four different styles? You have the small character you control, then the surprisingly well proportioned character in fight scenes. Let's look at FMV's, big head Cloud vs. Anime style cloud, they were all there! Atleast FFVIII has the decency to keep the characters features and proportions consistent throughout the entire game.

I hate the fact that after Final Fantasy VII's release EVERY Final Fantasy game after it is being compared to it. We didnt have these "Is Final Fantasy IV better then Final Fantasy V?" back in the day, so why have them now?

The games over, Square's moved on to other FF project's, get over it.

Don't even try and compare the 2. You know why Final Fantasy VIII is "supposedly" worse then Final Fantasy VII? Because it's different. If you're really a fan of Final Fantasy and like it for the story, then you wouldnt put FFVII at the top of you're list for best FF's. Hell, Final Fantasy VI was better storywise then VII, the only thing that propelled VII into gaming stardom is the fact that it was the first good 3D epic in the series. Do you forget the fact that all the characters were rendered in four different styles? You have the small character you control, then the surprisingly well proportioned character in fight scenes. Let's look at FMV's, big head Cloud vs. Anime style cloud, they were all there! Atleast FFVIII has the decency to keep the characters features and proportions consistent throughout the entire game.

I hate the fact that after Final Fantasy VII's release EVERY Final Fantasy game after it is being compared to it. We didnt have these "Is Final Fantasy IV better then Final Fantasy V?" back in the day, so why have them now?

Chill out dude, it's only a series of games.

This is exctly why I'd like to avoid topics like this....Since FF is know worldwide and the fanbase is massive to say the least, flaming usually ensues if someone is stupid enough to ask "Which one is better".

No offence to the topic starter, but don't tell me you didn't see this coming.

I still played FF8 and beaten, but it just never found it appeling enough

Anyways, stuff like this happens, since it's stricly opinonable. But when you start hitting up on why a certain game is better, thats when the flaming starts.

PS I like V because the job system rules :P

This is exctly why I'd like to avoid topics like this....Since FF is know worldwide and the fanbase is massive to say the least, flaming usually ensues if someone is stupid enough to ask "Which one is better".

No offence to the topic starter, but don't tell me you didn't see this coming.

Yeah and FF has the most fervent fan boys who would probably give up their lives for the series. :P

No Flaming plz ;)

What some of you guys said is ur own opinion. Thats some ppl that think Vincent is better or Irvine is better.

Geezus get a grip.

This is basically's everyone's own opinion and you don't have any authority to make them change their decision.

Now shut up and continue the topic :)

I'm sorry, wasn't trying to flame. I just don't understand why every FF game is compared to VII. It's getting so old on all the forums I go to. And it's been done here more then once! Even at GameFaq'a you can't have a "Which Game is the Best" contest without FFVII winning. I just don't understand...

I'm sorry, wasn't trying to flame. I just don't understand why every FF game is compared to VII. It's getting so old on all the forums I go to. And it's been done here more then once! Even at GameFaq'a you can't have a "Which Game is the Best" contest without FFVII winning. I just don't understand...

This is because most teens back then hit puberty and got their PlayStations just when FFVII came out. So, it was the greatest thing ever and they didn't like stuff that was different from FFVII.

Sadly, they compare every Final Fantasy and RPG to FFVII, which is wrong.

Edited by Agozer