My Computer... What Do You Think?

hey just got a dell computer..

spec's are..

pentium 4 ht technology.. 3.0 ghz

512 mb ram..

128 mb ati radeo 9800 pro.. tvi in and out.>?

120 gb. hard drive..

and soundcard.crappy one.. and etc.. i plan to upgrade those later with the mouse and all that..

someone that i know suggested that i get new motherboard.either from asus or gigabyte.and a new case.which im thinking of.right now..

um.what do you guys think?.. and i want the new ati radeon video card..but dont think its out yet..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a nice computer you got there. There is no real reason to get a new motherboard, it won't really help anything.

And a good soundcard is the Audigy. Or if you want to be cheap, get a Soundblaster Live! 5.1.

hm.. yea but i heard dell motherboard isn't that great..

i was just thinking what your (people) thought about that spec.. i dont care if you dont like it..just wondering what you think of it..

yea i need to get new sound card..i got a crappy one...

Pretty sweet box. But Dell makes their computers from "off the shelf" parts ever since their XPS came out. ATi's new card which is the X800Pro is already out and X800XT Platinum Edition comes out in a few days (21st of May).

The motherboard won't really improve the speed. It depends if you're going to overclock or not. And if you change motherboards, you may void your warranty.

Thats also true. Dell has a way of putting parts in. The motherboard at times is barely removeable.

My point was...If you just got a new computer, be happy with what you got. Asking for other's opinions about hardware just makes you want to change everything afterwards.

Edited by Agozer