Religious Things That Make The World...

Wizard

Multi-verse? Where do you get that idea Mr. X? There's definitely no way to tell if there is more than one universe or not. The infinite space around the universe hardly constitutes what a deity is. Heck, the universe is believed to be finite, scientifically speaking. I guess you could say he/she/it encompasses it all, but that's the same as the Judeao-Christian (sp?) philosophy. L.S.D., I'm only say what the Gnostics believe. That's wasn't my opinion when I used to be Christian. Jesus, man or not is a matter of opinion anymore. Since "he's" not around anymore (physically, at least), it's hard to prove if he was God/God's son.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multi-verse?  Where do you get that idea Mr. X?  There's definitely no way to tell if there is more than one universe or not.  The infinite space around the universe hardly constitutes what a deity is.  Heck, the universe is believed to be finite, scientifically speaking.

It's my point of view, I think it's infinite. Scientists can't prove if the Multi-verse is infinite (like in Mathematics science) or not.

Also, We don't know all the subatomic particles of energy, we can't deduce them.

Edited by Mr.X

Energy is not made of subatomic particles. Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other words a multi-verse. True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is. Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

Edited by StriderSkorpion

Energy is not made of subatomic particles.  Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other multi-verse.  True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is.  Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

Indeed, I saw that on Nova. I hope this "String" theory works out aswell.

Energy is not made of subatomic particles.  Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other multi-verse.  True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is.  Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

Indeed, I saw that on Nova. I hope this "String" theory works out aswell.

String theory? What's that?

Energy is not made of subatomic particles.

For example, electrons & protons Rn't energy for U ? Maybe U talk about their charge...

For example, if U talk about neutrinos, they've no charge.

Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other words a multi-verse.  True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is.  Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

I already read Universe's expanding on itself, but, I dislike this theory. I prefer Multi-verse's infinite with contractions.

Energy is not made of subatomic particles.  Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other words a multi-verse.  True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is.  Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

Different schools of mathematics have different theories. But right now its leaning more towards a finite universe. It's not proven which will be hard, but don't say it is proven. This string theory is also gaining a lot of momentum and could also possibly be right.

And by logic, you should realize that a finite universe isn't proven by mathematics since there are different theories being worked out by math. When one theory remains, that will be the victor. Till then, it's all speculation.

And this string theory stuff is very interesting and it would be awesome if it is true. Quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing. I have a test on quantum physics on Wednesday. :spam: It's going to suck...

Energy is not made of subatomic particles.  Also, as far as anyone knows, there's just one universe rather a multitude of universes or in other words a multi-verse.  True they can't physically prove the universe is finite, but through mathematics and science they've proven it is.  Right now, they believe the universe is expanding, but eventually, some scientists believe, it will then contract on itself.

Different schools of mathematics have different theories. But right now its leaning more towards a finite universe. It's not proven which will be hard, but don't say it is proven. This string theory is also gaining a lot of momentum and could also possibly be right.

And by logic, you should realize that a finite universe isn't proven by mathematics since there are different theories being worked out by math. When one theory remains, that will be the victor. Till then, it's all speculation.

And this string theory stuff is very interesting and it would be awesome if it is true. Quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing. I have a test on quantum physics on Wednesday. :lol: It's going to suck...

Yeah, but a theory is just that - a theory. Two thousand years ago everyone KNEW the earth was flat. A thousand years ago everyone KNEW the sun and all the planets revolved around the earth. The romans used lead piping to build their drainage systems - and it eventually turned everyone in Rome insane. Whenever I think of this fact, I can't help wondering what practices/beliefs/theories we hold now that will be viewed as fundamentally STUPID a thousand years from now (if the human race lasts that long - we're not going too hot at the moment! :-D )

And this string theory stuff is very interesting and it would be awesome if it is true. Quantum mechanics is a beautiful thing. I have a test on quantum physics on Wednesday. :lol: It's going to suck...

Yeah, but a theory is just that - a theory. Two thousand years ago everyone KNEW the earth was flat. A thousand years ago everyone KNEW the sun and all the planets revolved around the earth. The romans used lead piping to build their drainage systems - and it eventually turned everyone in Rome insane. Whenever I think of this fact, I can't help wondering what practices/beliefs/theories we hold now that will be viewed as fundamentally STUPID a thousand years from now (if the human race lasts that long - we're not going too hot at the moment! :-D )

A scientific theory is different from normal theories. That's what everyone gets wrong. For a scientific idea to even become a theory is a very tough thing in itself. For example, Eistein's Theory of Relativity. Mathematically its true, and has been shown to work at Stanford but it still isn't a law. There are very few scientific laws. The only ones I can think of are Newton's Law of Gravitation.

It's a pity they use the word theory because the general public is too stupid to realize what it really means.

Maybe I should've put it proven in quotes. But that's their evidence that it is more than a hypothesis (hence being a theory), it's not scientific law, so it could easily be wrong. Yes, there are many hypotheses and theories about the universe, but that at least was the main school of thought. Mr. X, I don't care what you believe, I don't know why I even bothered trying to contradict your beliefs. You're beliefs are your own and I respect that. BTW, the charges do not represent energy. It's just the attractive force. Also, you're thinking of neutrons, not neutrinos. Protrons and electrons aren't subatomic particles, either. Unless I'm mistaken, quarks are subatomic particles.

Edited by StriderSkorpion