Religious Things That Make The World...

Wizard

Yeah I read this book by Stephen Hawking once, "A Brief History of Time". It was all about this stuff. It had a chapter on time travel, a couple on black/wormholes.

It was pretty good, but I don't remember much.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be easier if everyone typed in "normal" because this thing with 1 letters is confuzing meh.

Edited by K`dash

Mr. X, I thought you meant neutrons since you were referring to electrons, but that's aside the point. Also, quarks are subatomic particles, so I was mistaken about protons, neutrons, and electrons, but was right about quarks. Subatomic particles are particles that make up an atom or are smaller than an atom. Quarks don't have charges, IIRC, but tastes and colors/smells (not sure which). Also, the existance of gluons, last time I checked, was still pretty hypothetical.

Mr. X, I thought you meant neutrons since you were referring to electrons, but that's aside the point.  Also, quarks are subatomic particles, so I was mistaken about protons, neutrons, and electrons, but was right about quarks.  Subatomic particles are particles that make up an atom or are smaller than an atom.  Quarks don't have charges, IIRC, but tastes and colors/smells (not sure which).  Also, the existance of gluons, last time I checked, was still pretty hypothetical.

Well neutrinos are also involved with electrons. Whenever something goes through beta decay and an electron is released, an anti-neutrino is shed along with it. And when it releases a positron, a neutrino is released.

I have to know this crap for my physics test on Wednesday. :(

Mr. X, I thought you meant neutrons since you were referring to electrons, but that's aside the point.  Also, quarks are subatomic particles, so I was mistaken about protons, neutrons, and electrons, but was right about quarks.  Subatomic particles are particles that make up an atom or are smaller than an atom.  Quarks don't have charges, IIRC, but tastes and colors/smells (not sure which).  Also, the existance of gluons, last time I checked, was still pretty hypothetical.

Well neutrinos are also involved with electrons. Whenever something goes through beta decay and an electron is released, an anti-neutrino is shed along with it. And when it releases a positron, a neutrino is released.

I have to know this crap for my physics test on Wednesday. :(

Why is it that whenever we talk about something scinetific you always seem to have a test about it the fowllowing week?

I have to know this crap for my physics test on Wednesday. :-D

Why is it that whenever we talk about something scinetific you always seem to have a test about it the fowllowing week?

I don't know...quite an odd coinidence. Maybe if don't talk about scientific things, I will never have tests on it. :(

I have to know this crap for my physics test on Wednesday. :-D

I don't know...quite an odd coinidence. Maybe if don't talk about scientific things, I will never have tests on it. :(

Words to live by, G. Words to live by.

He does indeed. Even with the theoretical power to just erase our memories, eliminate evil, and live in peace forever. He'd rather sit back and watch us kill each other. And had I been in his position...I would too.

I leave you tonight with this thought...

GOD IS A FASCIST DICTATOR

Power tends to corrupt...

And absolute power, corrupts absolutely...

- A poster in my US history class.

Power tends to corrupt...

And absolute power, corrupts absolutely...

- A poster in my US history class.

You know it's sad that people don't actually know the person who said that. And for you information, its Lord Acton. :(