Now This Is A Fighting Stick

Inky

Yeah, I think that their Sticks might have either been duds or there must of been something wrong with them (I'm assuming the people you know brought the Sticks 2nd Hand)...

All of the people I talk to (Mainly VF4 EVO Players) love the Namco Arcade Stick....

The only thing that I didn't like of it was the ball stick as it can be uncomfortable..so I replaced the top with one similar to the X-Arcade Stick...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It reall depends on whether the joystick and buttons that you want to replace have the same microswitches as the ones you wish to replace them with...

If they don't then its no real biggy it just complicates things alittle...

there here! 3 days for the second lowest priced shipping, not bad.

I'll post up my review after I have a few hours to put them through thier paces. and try to get some pics of different angles for those that wanted them. should be up tonight

there here! 3 days for the second lowest priced shipping, not bad.

I'll post up my review after I have a few hours to put them through thier paces. and try to get some pics of different angles for those that wanted them. should be up tonight

Awesome! I'll be waiting for it! :lol:

I have both actually *(Namco and X-Arcade)

I have yet to hook up the BEAST (X-Arcade Dual) to the pc since i have the namco stick hooked up there. The X-Arcade handles my emu stuff fine on the xbox.

No complaints here. It was a Christmas gift a few years ago.

I have both actually *(Namco and X-Arcade)

I have yet to hook up the BEAST (X-Arcade Dual) to the pc since i have the namco stick hooked up there. The X-Arcade handles my emu stuff fine on the xbox.

No complaints here. It was a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Do both sticks play fine for you? If you had to give up one of them, which one would you give up?

all right I've been playing with the stick for a few hours now and I am pleased with the results. so here it goes.

My review of the Impact V-series stick for XBox.

Price: on sale for 22.95 US + S&H

Available from www.redoctane.com

Tested with: Capcom Vs SNK 2, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, KOF 2k2, SFA3, Garou: Mark of the wolves.

the first thing I noticed was the size and heft of this thing. it weighs a good 7 pounds and the measurements are:

13.5 inches wide, 10 inches from front to back, 4.5 inches tall, and the stick is 3.5 inches tall with a ball top. next thing I noticed is the cord is a bit short at 6 feet, invest in a cord extension. there is no memory card port (I wasn't expecting one) so no voice chat in CvsS2. there were no instructions and the buttons aren't labeled, so it was trial and error getting each emu set up correctly. the main stumbling block being the black and white buttons and the L and R buttons. also since there aren't any analog sticks you'll need to keep a standard controller plugged in to access menues in Kawa-x and Fbax as they require the right stick to activate. (unless someone knows another way to do it) The start and back buttons are on the sides of the stick much like pinball flippers so they don't get in the way in the heat of battle, the overall button configuration mimics both SNK and Capcom styles well.

construction seems solid with all wood (prolly press board) coated in the same stuff arcade cabs are coated in. there is a spoungy pad on the bottom so the stick doesn't slide all over the coffee table. it also felt fine in my lap. The buttons are responsive and feel arcade quality. the stick feels a little loose and sloppy but it did what I wanted it to do so I dunno if it's just me, as I haven't used a stick in quite some time and am a bit rusty with this type of setup. I haven't opened up the stick to see the connections but I think I'd be able to replace the stick with one from happ controls pretty easy if I want to later.

overall I'd recommend this stick to anyone who is in the market for an arcade style stick for their XBox.

Positives: Price, button layout, construction.

Negatives: Sloppy feeling stick, short cord, buttons not labeled.

exept for the stick feel I couldn't ask for more. and even though it felt sloppy I was still able to pull of all the moves with only dragon punch movements not coming out every time. as I said this may be becouse I haven't played with a stick in years.

Interesting interesting. Thank for the review Garage, much appreciated. I am not used to a stick either...but its less tha 30 bucks so if I don't like it, I can either return it or let it sit under my desk.

And when you say the stick feel sloppy, do you mean that it doesn't have a definite center point?

This button business is troubling but I'm sure I can overcome that.

And another question:

the main stumbling block being the black and white buttons and the L and R buttons. also since there aren't any analog sticks you'll need to keep a standard controller plugged in to access menues in Kawa-x and Fbax as they require the right stick to activate. (unless someone knows another way to do it)

Does anyone know if it will be like that for the PC as well? And how much are X-Box->PC converters?

as for the stick. it has a definite center. it just feels loose. it's hard to explain. I have figured out the button layout. the black and white buttons are on the far right white on top (fierce punch) the black on bottom (fierce kick). the R is the one on the bottom left (snk A) the L is the one off to the left between the stick and other buttons. back is on the right side start is on the left side. (look at the pic on redoctane you'll see what I mean.)

as for an xbox to pc converter. an xbox port is just an oversized usb port and you can make a converter easliy with an old xbox extension cable and a usb mouse or something like that. there are guides on the internet along with software. I think there is a faq on it at xbox-scene.

as for the stick. it has a definite center. it just feels loose. it's hard to explain. I have figured out the button layout. the black and white buttons are on the far right white on top (fierce punch) the black on bottom (fierce kick). the R is the one on the bottom left (snk A) the L is the one off to the left between the stick and other buttons. back is on the right side start is on the left side. (look at the pic on redoctane you'll see what I mean.)

as for an xbox to pc converter. an xbox port is just an oversized usb port and you can make a converter easliy with an old xbox extension cable and a usb mouse or something like that. there are guides on the internet along with software. I think there is a faq on it at xbox-scene.

Alright, I'll check up on that XBOX converter thing.