Any Martial Artist?

Why do people train in all these styles at one time? Are you trying to join the ufc or something? All you need to know is how to box, a few grappling/takedowns/cop moves(1 or 2 of each) and how to get up off the ground or switch position if an opponet is on top of you. Thats it.

Karate was never and will never be aimed at kicking your opponents ass.....Karate is meant to only be used for self-defense..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people train in all these styles at one time? Are you trying to join the ufc or something? All you need to know is how to box, a few grappling/takedowns/cop moves(1 or 2 of each) and how to get up off the ground or switch position if an opponet is on top of you. Thats it.

actually i do plan on entering the MMA competition. perferably Pride right now all i really train in is JKD, kick boxing, boxing and submision grappling and some tae kwon do here and there.

I took basic karate when I was in 4th grade in India. Got my ass kicked and then I quit.  :( That's the sad story of my life.

awwww you should have went back and fight dirty :lol:

Pride? Are you serious??? :( Do you have any Idea where some of these guys come from and how they got there? Nobody ever "justs" joins the MMA competitions. Every fighter has some sort of amatur or non-amature background before they actually join those competions. I hate people like that, that think "oh im just gonna train in all these arts and join some sort of competion" Like for instance Guy Mezgar"im sure you know who he is" He's got like 150 or something like that kick boxing fights, and even some amature or non-amature kickboxing title. and the really good grapplers have won some sort or Mahamid suadi arabi(something to do with the mideast) competions like"mark kerr, vitor belt for, the gracies", and Mr. Guapo (my fav) Bas rutten has some king of pancrease titles. You also have to train really really hard, and when you think you're training really hard, you're not becuase you dont know if you're opponent is training harder. If you're really going to think about joining some sort of mma competion join something low, becuase pride and stuff has the best of the best. These just are fighting for Lots of money, the old Pride Grand Prix the winner (mark colemon) was presented like $230,0000. well thats my 2 cents.

Pride? Are you serious??? :( Do you have any Idea where some of these guys come from and how they got there? Nobody ever "justs" joins the MMA competitions. Every fighter has some sort of amatur or non-amature background before they actually join those competions. I hate people like that, that think "oh im just gonna train in all these arts and join some sort of competion" Like for instance Guy Mezgar"im sure you know who he is" He's got like 150 or something like that kick boxing fights, and even some amature or non-amature kickboxing title. and the really good grapplers have won some sort or Mahamid suadi arabi(something to do with the mideast) competions like"mark kerr, vitor belt for, the gracies", and Mr. Guapo (my fav) Bas rutten has some king of pancrease titles. You also have to train really really hard, and when you think you're training really hard, you're not becuase you dont know if you're opponent is training harder. If you're really going to think about joining some sort of mma competion join something low, becuase pride and stuff has the best of the best. These just are fighting for Lots of money, the old Pride Grand Prix the winner (mark colemon) was presented like $230,0000. well thats my 2 cents.

Trust i know all this. You wont find a bigger MMA fan than me anywhere. I may be cocky but i am not stupid. I know you have to work your way up. I don't plan on entering any competition until i am 23 or 24. maybe amature but not professional. oh and guy mezger is a waste of talent he should have left the lion's den long ago.

There is nothing wrong with Fatal wanting to train and then one day join Pride...If he is serious about joining Pride he would know what he needs to do to actually join and be sucessful

Thanks Forcex. if you guys only knew how hard i train. i love martial arts so much that i want it sexually. :(

Trust i know all this. You wont find a bigger MMA fan than me anywhere. I may be cocky but i am not stupid. I know you have to work your way up. I don't plan on entering any competition until i am 23 or 24. maybe amature but not professional. oh and guy mezger is a waste of talent he should have left the lion's den long ago.

What are you talking about? Guy Mezar Is F-ing good. He's like the first guy to beat tito ortiz(not the only) He stood a good match agaisnt vanderli and some other fights, and you should get as much experience as possible, it'll help you in the long run.