The P2p Wise Man Is Sad...

If you are in the know of current the P2P scene, you know it has been a couple of sad days.

ShareReactor, the BEST place to attain things in the eD2K network, was shut down by authorities in Switzerland. They obtained his server and shut the site down.

Jigle.com, hosted by ShareReactor, was a search engine for the eD2K network that worked MUCH better than the built-in one, has closed citing that since SR is shut down, itself must shut down as well.

I, LOVER of Overnet Lite, am saddened and I just wanted to inform all of you of this step backward in achieving legal P2P. If you don't mind, I will go weep silently into my pillow before I cry myself to sleep... :)

ShareReactor and Jigle.com... R.I.P.

Anon.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused..why were they shut down? Were they hosting illegal material?

Makes you think. They weren't technically hosting illegal material. Those ed2k links are like torrents. Suprnova would of been killed long ago also because ed2k and torrents and the thingy kazaa has - share the same meaning, relinking to something else.

I think we don't need to worry too much. We will always find a way to share and dl stuff. Take Napster for exemple: its closing has led to much more efficient p2p :devil:

The FBI may sue a thousand people, it won't change anything. And as long as you're not one of the top uploaders you won't end in these thousand.

nonono, but the FBI wants to do with with all isps in the u.s. Which will probably include inspections of all comps which will probably be a real b¡tch for me seeing as how I like to download a lot of psx games and anime