KOF 2003 On KAWA-X

zuricksaves

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This still seems hard to believe. Why would the police raid someone's house on an anonymous tip that they might have DUMPED A ROM? Threatening to be sued is one thing, but a raid...that quickly? With a warrant and everything? I don't know.

Anyway, where's the "96% completed P1 hack"? Why not release that for now, or was it ever real in the first place?

Lee

what would be the point of releasing a p1 that doesn't allow to even beat the game? i could understand if it was released for beta testing but theres no point in that now that its damn near complete, just wait for the proper p1

what would be the point of releasing a p1 that doesn't allow to even beat the game? i could understand if it was released for beta testing but theres no point in that now that its damn near complete, just wait for the proper p1

If it works for everything else, like training and 2P, why not? Then we could play the game now and get the finished version whenever it's released, too.

I just want to know when the finished P1 is getting released, if the whole thing about the guy working on it getting busted is real, etc.

What's going on with this P1 and why is it taking so long to get released?

Lee

Whats up with this kawaks148.dev-hacked? I just dled it and it has kof in the rom list and some kof2003.unk file. I put in the kof rom and it would boot. It was looking for a c1.bin file or something renamed all extenetions to.bin and it locks and i have to close. Any ideas on why this was released....whats the deal?

dunno if thats really helpfull in a thread about getting it working on kawa-x (especially in the xbox emu section) :rolleyes: i dont know about anyone else but i despise playing fighting games on the pc, period...

dying for someone to get kof2003 working on the xbox ;)

not a flame tho, just was a bit dissapointing seeing what seemed to be some instructions on it working,when its no use to people playing (or wanting to play rather) on the xbox at all <_< especially the other thread's title.

Sorry for double posting but I was reading sxome on this topic and saw that you guys were wanting to know how to use the bosses on KOF2003.

Check the thread here. I gave a step by step tutorial on fixing a small glitch in KOF2003, for mame (grr I hate that it only works on there), and also discussed a method to enable use of the bosses. You can read through there to find it. After using that method, there are an extra two rows at the bottom under the other characters. Here is how they are.

[Kusanagi] [Adel Burnstein] [Mukai]

[Chizuru] [Chizuru's sister Maki] [Another random select box]

Note that if you select Adel or Mukai for a team leader, they will be by themselves. It won't let you pick the extra two members. But if you select someone else as a leader, you could select both Adel AND Mukai as members, if you wanted to. (But who would... Adel sucks dick. What biatch was dumb enough to get knocked up by Rugal anyway?)

This method would work on other emulators if kof2003 itself would work on them, so you can remember that for future reference. For the time being, there IS an official code to select some of the bosses.

I'll list these codes the way they would appear in an emulator's macro file in case someone figures out how to get it to work in Kawaks or Nebula, since these are rather complicated when doing on a keyboard.

Kusanagi: D,DB,B,UB,B,DB,D,DF,F,UF+1

Chizuru : U,UB,B,DB,D,DF,F,UF,F,DF,D,DB+1

Note: You could also interchange B with L and F with R, but I use B and F in the rare instances that I make macros, since Nebula automatically determines which direction back and forward is for you if you use B and F. It might if you use L and R too, I just got into the habit of using B and F anyway because that's the way I think of a move... like the somersault justice, one of the few moves I ever made a macro for... "charge down back, down forward, down back, up, kick" not "charge downleft" etc.

Anyway, in arcade format which might be easier for some to understand, the codes are:

Kusanagi: Hold the joystick in the "down" position, then rotate clockwise to the "up-left" position, then rotate counter-clockwise to the "up-right" position and press any button.

Chizuru : Hold the joystick in the "up" position, then rotate counter-clockwise to the "up-right" position, then rotate clockwise to the "down-left" position and press any button.

As far as I know, on a real arcade machine, the only way to select Maki, Adel, or Mukai, is by using the debug dips.

Edited by cosmic_lord

dunno if thats really helpfull in a thread about getting it working on kawa-x (especially in the xbox emu section) :rolleyes:  i dont know about anyone else but i despise playing fighting games on the pc, period...

dying for someone to get kof2003 working on the xbox ;)

not a flame tho, just was a bit dissapointing seeing what seemed to be some instructions on it working,when its no use to people playing (or wanting to play rather) on the xbox at all <_<  especially the other thread's title.

No prob... I did it on accident anyway, but I just posted something that might be of some help to anyone, since it described a method for enabling the bosses, which will work on the xbox when and if someone gets the game working on there.

I don't mind playing fighting games on the PC... most people use the standard countrols, arrow keys for movement, and like A S D for 3 punches, Z X C for three kicks. I use arrow keys for movement, and work them with my left hand, because on a console with a controller you move with your left hand, same goes for the joystick in an arcade. I have 7 8 9 on the numpad for three punches and 4 5 6 for three kicks... and it always works fine for me. On KOF games, I have 4 for A, 5 for B, 8 for C, 6 for D, 9 for B+D, 1 for A+C, 7 for A+B+C+D, 3 for A+B, and 2 for C+D <_<. The kof one doesn't really makes sense because of how the buttons are arranged, but it's habit for me now.

Anyway, those controls are great... seriously. My friend thought they wre crazy til I finally got him to try them, and he wanted me to train him so to speak, and i told him he had to switch to my controls. he reluctantly got used to them and loves them now. Anyway, to prove how proficient a keyboard cowboy I am, lol, I can do all of Zangief's 360 rotations fast enough to do them without making him jump, and I can do that 9 out of 10 times. I can do the Final Atomic Buster's 720 degree rotation while in mid air, but that's more like 4 out of 10 times. Anyway, the point is, don't overrule kb combat altogether, it's not that bad. Besides, if I had a controller I'd get annoyed at the constant switching from KB to controller to work the emu when needed... but thas ok. I know the controller would be better, but for one thing I don't feel like buying one, I'm a tightwad, and for another thing, I'm still in high school, and my friend and I netplay on the school LAN (NO LAG WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!) every day in 7th period... and we couldn't whip out controllers... lol.