Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
alexis

Microsoft Virtual pc 2004

i have been readong about this product originally made by connectix that lets you run any OS inside your own, so, for example you can run linux from xp, has anyone tried it or know about how good/bad is it?

I've used version 3 on a macintosh (quite a long time ago) when it was still maintained by Connectix, and I think it's quite a good software (never had any compatibility problems) <_<
I don't know what it's worth on windows though...

This is one reason why I wish we had a PC Emulation section.
I've personally tried it and it's a great soft. However your going to need a lot of ram and there's another software just like it and much better called VMWARE. It runs pretty much full speed! You can even ask Solidius, one of our mods who runs Linux on it as well. :P

i have used both it works great even though i know nothing about linux it ran like a champ great id u wanna use older op sys or new ones and still use windows def 2 thumbs up!

dual boot shouldn't really be a problem anymore.

i dunno why you'd want to use an os inside an os.

cause u can run some games un-supported by ur PC.so Solidus where do u get it I am hungry for the thing :P

which vmware product? virtual center?, can you give some other info and between both the ones that already used them, which one do you guys prefer, and why? i am interesed in getting one and say goodbye to compability crap beseides i t looks like a good way to get started in linux without messing things up.