Raine 0.91.20

Tux

This is to address the bugs found by Augusto (some of them at least) :

- fix burning fight and "fatal fury 3" in 64 bits
 - fix the inputs for irrmaze and popbounc : this is very specific to these games since they are the only neogeo games which can use a paddle. Originally there was a specific bios for these games, but in asian only and it's now unavailable. Unibios has a workaround built inside apparently, and so you'll need a version of unibios to run these games with the mouse (it might be possible to use popbounc with the joystick). For popbounc, you choose which input to use with the soft dips, you can change this in real time in the raine dialog for that, in "neo-cd/neo-geo options" once the game is loaded. Tested only with unibios 3.2 and 4.0, works with both, mouse is not recognized with the standard european mvs vers 2 bios. Hum, don't try to move the mouse while the game is initializing... !

- added some basic setting to slow down the modern mice ! You can configure that in the inputs dialog, the setting is saved when you quit raine (with the quit command as usual, closing the program by any other mean doesn't save the config). It can only be slowed down, modern mouses are already too fast for the low resolution of these games. This setting should be used by all the games using the mouse of course...
 - a few misc fixes, like the break console command which didn't work anymore with starscream
 - recent versions of curl forbid spaces in the urls so I had to work around that, this fix is useful only for linux, I didn't update curl for the windows version.

http://raine.1emulation.com/download/latest.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Do you have any details such as the hashes or name for this missing Asian bios?

I found this in the mame source (which is still a good source of info usually... !) :

/* special BIOS with trackball support, we only have one Irritating Maze bios and thats asia */
        ROM_LOAD16_WORD_SWAP("236-bios.sp1", 0x00000, 0x020000, CRC(853e6b96) SHA1(de369cb4a7df147b55168fa7aaf0b98c753b735e) )

Lol, by looking better I realized that this bios is actually in my neogeo.zip file and already referenced in the bioses in raine as "irrmaze bios". I just tested it : for players there won't be much difference compared to what you get with the unibios for the games. The only actual difference is that the test mode really tests the paddle this time, you have to navigate the menus with the mouse, and it's in english, so usable. So it's a bios which should be used only with these 2 games then... !

I thought it was lost because I didn't find this bios in the mame I use for reference, but it might be because they treat this bios differently since it's for these 2 games only...

My bad then but the rest of the infos are correct, the workaround for this is only in the unibios, the "standard" or official bioses don't reference this at all.

• Haha 1

As with the lasts versions, I can't load most Capcom games without the emu crashing. Is this behaviour going to be fixed anytime soon?

I think I read here or elsewhere that those work if you disable speed hacks, but I don't know where that option is.

1 hour ago, Neville said:

As with the lasts versions, I can't load most Capcom games without the emu crashing. Is this behaviour going to be fixed anytime soon?

I think I read here or elsewhere that those work if you disable speed hacks, but I don't know where that option is.

I love this precision : 32 or 64 bits, which romset for example, at which point ? cps1 or cps2 ?

There is an option to disable speed hacks for neocd/neogeo, not for cps1/2, it wasn't necessary so far...

It's obvious this kind of behavior is not normal and has not been found yet, there are 1070 romsets in raine if I remember correctly, plus I almost never play with it anymore except to code, and it's only in linux, so the chances to find what you are talking about by chance are more than slim !

If you saw this with the 64 bits version, the 1st thing to try is the 32 bits version, as said too many times already, the 64 bits version is still experimental even though it's working better than what I expected already, big bugs are still found in it, like what was found for 0.91.19. (and I almost only use the 32 bits version here !).

Edited by Tux

Fair enough, I didn't give many details, but because I thought it was a known issue. I'm using the x86 build for Windows, and I'm running it under Windows 10. I haven't tried all Capcom games, but everytime I try to load a CPS1 / CPS2 game I'm launched back into the desktop after the ROMs are loaded.

I've made a fresh install to do more testing, but things are worse now. I just can't play anything. With most games I get the emu main menu after loading the ROMs, but every single time I choose "Play game" RAINE exits to desktop.

1 hour ago, Neville said:

Fair enough, I didn't give many details, but because I thought it was a known issue. I'm using the x86 build for Windows, and I'm running it under Windows 10. I haven't tried all Capcom games, but everytime I try to load a CPS1 / CPS2 game I'm launched back into the desktop after the ROMs are loaded.

I've made a fresh install to do more testing, but things are worse now. I just can't play anything. With most games I get the emu main menu after loading the ROMs, but every single time I choose "Play game" RAINE exits to desktop.

Ok, after testing : the 32 bits versions crashes all the time, could be some new security feature related to asm.

But even the 64 bits version is very fragile, when the game has started calling back the gui usually closes the program.

Best results with 0.91.18, that is the last version which used the opengl gui (with the known limitations known that the emudx games don't work, and the neogeo games using rasters neither, but it's much better than this crashing disaster we had here !).

Since even the 0.91.18 32 bits version crashes when loading a game it must be something related to rights executing asm code (self modifying code). I might have to investigate about this...

Well try 0.91.18 64 bits, if you are willing to go with the limitations, I might make a 0.91.20 using the same tricks...

Edited by Tux

2 hours ago, pmc2 said:

And 32 bits not load all neocd game (return to neocd dashboard).

I was about to protest about the lack of details, but I was able to reproduce that very easily !

Yeah, it's because of a different way to call the same thing : for Musashi it's GetContext, for starscream it's SetContext !!!
I made the mistake to try to simplify some piece of code and put GetContext for both, it can't be done !
Oh well... !!! It's a 1 line fix (3 actually because of the #if which goes with it), so I'll probably just make a new win32 binary for that...

At least it shows that some people are still able to use the 32 bits binary in windows !

It's related to the neocd init, so it's likely that no neocd game will work with the current raine32 binary, I'll try to upload a new archive for that then... sorry !

Ok, you'll get a 0.91.21 for that tomorrow, which takes also back the opengl blits for windows but optional this time and enabled by default in windows, and it also add a verification before saving the neogeo backup ram... but it's too late to release now, going to bed !

Edited by Tux

Using Raine current version 32 bits.

Neo Geo Gururin have wrong aspect ratio and graphics issues.

Neo Geo Cup 98, Super Side Kicks 2 and 3 , The Ultimate 11 have graphics issues in gameplay in field in low screen region. Both 32 and 64 versions have that issue, but in 32 bits are few lines with graphics issues and 64 bits the graphics issues are in much more lines.