CoinOPS 5 Countdown

gamez fan

This mentality of competition is the single most pathetic thing about BP and CoinOPS. No other developer sees things this way; it's laughable. And yet there are still those that say BP isn't the reason the scene is split.

you bring up a good point here +T+. when retro was released he seemed to scoff at it. the posters on his forum tried it and said it didn't compare to coinops... the thing is it wasn't supposed to. it was released to prove that the a lib emu could be ported to the xbox with a minimal interface per the dev's design.

instead of assuming everyone is out to get bp, shouldn't he instead say that a release like that is a great addition to the scene. everyone else saw it that way...

Edited by destronger

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This mentality of competition is the single most pathetic thing about BP and CoinOPS. No other developer sees things this way; it's laughable. And yet there are still those that say BP isn't the reason the scene is split.

That's all I'm going to say. I'll now leave those who wish to discuss this release to do so.

well he didnt like this comment :-D apart from saying a few unkind words there is a 15 min video about steve jobs

dont know if this is ment to be about himself or you +T+ BTW i never watched the video :-)

I've been given to understand that the members of that forum have been instructed not to post here or else. If Sharpfork wants to fix the problems in the scene, he has a tough job ahead. I hope he succeeds.

hmm dont see a post about this maybe he's changed his mind about 1emu and will let his community roam free

Has anyone tried pcsxbox redux?

Regarding CDDA...

Quote:

Much improved CDDA playback. This fixes the CDDA in ALOT of games which makes them worthwhile playing. Unlike the older x-port releases which had some serious CDDA issues.

Quote:

* Fix to Re-volt CDDA. Earthworm Jim and Contra - Legacy Of War now play audio. Make sure you have the matching ".ccd/.cue" files for Earthworm Jim.

on a seperate note some users discussing the limitations of playing psx games in coinops and this post caught my eye

for sure 100% sound advice the thread only told half the story this post certainly completes the whole picture

dont think these comments will be welcome though :)

Edited by gamez fan

on a seperate note some users discussing the limitations of playing psx games in coinops and this post caught my eye

for sure 100% sound advice the thread only told half the story this post certainly completes the whole picture

dont think these comments will be welcome though :-)

It's a shame that most of these CoinOPS users are probably totally unaware of the awesome work madmab has done in improving PSX emulation on the Xbox. I'm sure even mentioning it over there warrants an instant ban. Funny how, despite all the releases, CoinOPS is just getting more and more dated. :D

As I recall, BP used to compare himself to Einstein (:lol:), so I guess comparisons with Steve Jobs, Da Vinci, Jesus etc. are pretty inevitable with this kind of neurosis. ;)

you know i have noticed a disturbing trend of late we now have coinops forum members routinely accusing each other of being trolls

for even the slightest of reasons :huh: whats goin on certainly wasnt that way over there when i was a member a while back

hi all, and thanks BP for coinops (just discovered it with co4)

please can you check in CO5 that multiplayer on snes is working? on CO4 it's not (maybe 2 player but not 3 or 4), it sucks for bomberman icon_e_smile.gif

didnt see much wrong with the above post but then....

bottedumal are you trollin, jokin or serious?

and

copyman => I really don't see where the "troll" or joke is?! take it easy man.

yes bomberman can be played 4 player, as many other snes games, with a multitap, which is perfectly supported in snes emulators on xbox.

hmm weird

Edited by gamez fan

well many happy returns and all that who's gonna blow out the candle :)

Happy Birthday guys....

Its offical you are the largest CoinOPS community ever....

this is a great achievement....other people have boasted to be so even though 3/4 of there threads where flame wars from trolls....even with all the trolling removed from here the numbers are now greater than has ever been achieved before...

This is quite a feat because this happened in 1/5 of the time....and also alot of the discussion is now done in the realtime chat....and lastly as this site came from nowhere....other sites had 1000s of established people although they are dying.....

so congradulation....CoinOPS 5 is done and it should push the bar higher.....and theres a new VISION on the horizon......