CoinOPS 5 Countdown

gamez fan

I remember when BP threatened to ban gamez fan from his site unless he came on here and posted almost exactly this ^^.

I posted this on my own, BP didn't ask/tell me to say anything. I'm just sick of personal attacks.

I understand that the scene is broken, I just want it to be civil. Maybe that is asking too much...

You guys can go back to whatever it was you were doing before I interrupted.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind that Sharpfork gives his side of things, after all we like to hear all sides of the story. And we're not about to edit his post or ban him.

The problem is that on bp's forum, you can only say things that are favourable. Otherwise you risk having your posts modified or removed, and getting called a troll and banned. So, for those who wish to express a contrary view, they need to post that elsewhere (mostly here). That is why there are 'sides'. To even post here at all is to risk a ban over there.

The comment about puppy dogs was directed at those whose only purpose of joining the forum is to ask or demand where to get the software... not to those who have actually helped, such as Sharpfork.

i appreciate sharpforks opinion. he helped me with my xbox arcade which is still in the works.

@sharpfork: you know the whole story as to why bp is no longer trusted among the scene.

1) using other peoples sources and not recognizing them for their contribution.

2) not releasing his coinops source in a timely manner (although i'll admit i didn't release fbl sources very quick, sorry. they are out there).

3) his continuous banning and bully tactics when he was here at 1emu (1 strike for 1emu).

the rest are personal pet-peeves:

4) he has no sense of humor.

5) his ability to write a proper sentence and/or paragraph is atrocious. it's a bad joke that he lives in the educated county of new zealand where english is the common/official language. some of the posters here and emuxtras write better when english is their second or third language.

however, none of this will change your mind... many dev's of the past have left because of his involvement. you should note that all existing dev's in the scene are at emuxtras. that should tell you something.

thanks for posting, we all appreciate your help in the scene.

Edited by destronger

well from what i can gather it has been released i guess it will be available to those who want it on UG very soon

some release info

CoinOPS 5 for the XBOX 1.

The biggest upgrade CoinOPS has seen with 1000s more games supported and 100s of popular games now fixed and playing as they should...

The full package comes with the greatest collection of 3800 Arcade Games / Console Games / Computer and Handheld Games...complete with videos and optomised for the best experience the XBOX can bring

This is for most the one package to have...it will answer nearly everything in one package and one simple and powerfull GUI....with the fewest issues.....If your new to this, you are going to experience what Console Emulation is all about...

Featuring the largest most complete Arcade Game support on the XBOX

Latest and most complete Final Burn Alpha support on the XBOX

Over 22,000 Supported Games, 5000 more than CoinOPS 4

Support for

Arcades (NEW)

Amiga

Amstrad

Atari 2600

Atari Lynx

Atari ST

Atari 5200

Atari 800

Atari XL

Classic PC (NEW)

ColecoVison

Commodore 64

CPS III

DOOMs

DOS (NEW)

Game Gear

Gameboy

Gameboy Advance

Gameboy Color

Intellivision

Laser Disc Support (NEW)

Killer Instincts

Master System

Mega CD

Megadrive

MSX

NES

Nintendo 64

PC Engine

PC Engine CD

Playstation

Quakes

Scummvm (NEW)

Sega SG-1000

Spectrum

Super Nintendo

Vic 20

WonderSwan (NEW)

X68000

XBOX Games

100s of arcade games work that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

100s of arcade games that control properly that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

100s of arcade games that work at speed that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

XBOX Commandline Launching

Street Fighter 3 Third Strike

Streets of Rage Remake

Hexen (NEW)

Heritic (NEW)

Mortal Kombat with sound support (NEW)

NBA Jams with sound (NEW)

Lots and Lots of exclusives (NEW)

Automatic HD Support

Game Information Synopsis support

Autofire support

Semiautomic Fire support

Hi Score saving

FTP Support

Boot Straight to CoinOPS support (NEW)

Splash Screen Video support (NEW)

Dashboard launching support

Autorotate (NEW)

customisation (NEW)

Video Preview support support

Marquee support (NEW)

Default System Marquee support customisible (NEW)

Background Music support

Filter by by many ways

Filter and Switch though systems (NEW)

Most featured sort engine for any emulator on the XBOX

Most acurate keymap acade emulator on the XBOX

Simple favorite system support

Cheat support

Monitor on it side support

Keymap support

One click Pixel Perfect support

Simplest keymaping and aspect correction for Console on the XBOX

Greatest Aspect Correction support for any arcade emulator on the XBOX

One click aspect correction support

Commandline support

Game tracking stat support

Mouse and trackball support

Game Information support

Vector game support

Artwork support

Folder path support

The list goes on and on.......you name it, its probably got it

Locks are enabled

Full 3800 games required

Standalone 3000 games required

Lite 350-500 games no more no less

Edited by gamez fan

well there you have it coinops 5 which as far as i understand is to be the last full release on the xbox from reading the coinops forum a while back

i fully expect coinops 6 to be either on the android or xb360 platform unless plans have now changed

now ive heard some opinions expressed that doubt BP's abillity to port coinops across to said platforms i for one will keep an interested eye on

the situation see where coinops goes from here

note to BritneysPAIRS im relaying what ive heard this is not a trolling comment designed to wind you up OK!!! best way to shut doubters up is to port it simple as

hmmm might be this

i notice in the list of supported systems it says both Classic PC and DOS what's the difference?

just a new classic section...with games that arnt supported by dosbox (hexen heritic quake 1 and 2 etc)

Edited by gamez fan

100s of arcade games work that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

100s of arcade games that control properly that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

100s of arcade games that work at speed that dont work on any other XBOX emulator (NEW)

Most featured sort engine for any emulator on the XBOX

Most acurate keymap acade emulator on the XBOX

Simplest keymaping and aspect correction for Console on the XBOX

Greatest Aspect Correction support for any arcade emulator on the XBOX

This mentality of competition is the single most pathetic thing about BP and CoinOPS. No other developer sees things this way; it's laughable. And yet there are still those that say BP isn't the reason the scene is split.

That's all I'm going to say. I'll now leave those who wish to discuss this release to do so.