CoinOPS 2 (old dev site)

BritneysPAIRS

I now I'm new - treat me gentle.

This whole package looks ace - fantastic job BP :blink:

I installed a variety of of emulators on my xbox for the first time a few weeks ago and i really got the bug. Now I'm well on my way to building a dedicated cabinet. Came across coinops by following lots of links and it looks better by far so kicked off a torrent download. Not complaining but it was taking ages (7gb in 6 days, rates between 7k per sec, upto 500k - very up and down) I've uploaded much more than I've downloaded so far.

Was pleased to see the MU option so kicked that off as an alternative this morning and got 10gb down so far which is ace - thanks blank for that.

I'm having a couple of issues on getting some of the files though, parts 3, 10 and 13 have all 'stalled' a few mb in. I've tried through a couple of networks and browsers and they all get so far and then stop. Is anyone else having issues or am I just doing something wrong. All the other parts, up to 15 so far have come down quick and with no probs.

Cheers

chris

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blank. Saw ur posts on youtube. Sweet cab!! :blink:

Thank you sir!

blank. Saw ur posts on youtube. Sweet cab!! :D

rd, do you have the link to Blank's video? I'd like to take a look as I'm finishing up my cabinet but am still looking for ideas. Thanks mate!

Here is video showing Coinops Showroom and the cab - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqzO1Ba7xo

This video is just showing Coinops 2 after I update, doesn't show much of cab though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qhn3m1mCfw...feature=related

I installed a variety of of emulators on my xbox for the first time a few weeks ago and i really got the bug. Now I'm well on my way to building a dedicated cabinet. Came across coinops by following lots of links and it looks better by far so kicked off a torrent download. Not complaining but it was taking ages (7gb in 6 days, rates between 7k per sec, upto 500k - very up and down) I've uploaded much more than I've downloaded so far.

Was pleased to see the MU option so kicked that off as an alternative this morning and got 10gb down so far which is ace - thanks blank for that.

I'm having a couple of issues on getting some of the files though, parts 3, 10 and 13 have all 'stalled' a few mb in. I've tried through a couple of networks and browsers and they all get so far and then stop. Is anyone else having issues or am I just doing something wrong. All the other parts, up to 15 so far have come down quick and with no probs.

Cheers

chris

WOW!! I just checked my MU account, and it is getting a lot of traffic. Over 400 downloads for one of the files. I checked the numbers you listed and they seem to be getting downloaded so I don't think its an issue with the link. Do you have an account? since I know they limit the # of downloads you can get per day or something like that. Also, are you using the MegaManager or just using your browser?

Edited by Blank

Hi Blank

Thanks for looking into it. I've signed up for a 30day premier account just to get this download. I don't think its limited in anyway as I've downloaded later parts with no problem (basically when its stalled I've just moved to the next one in the list)

I'm just using firefox to download, although I've tried and got the same problem, on the same files in Chrome too.

Hope that helps

Chris

Cheers

chris

WOW!! I just checked my MU account, and it is getting a lot of traffic. Over 400 downloads for one of the files. I checked the numbers you listed and they seem to be getting downloaded so I don't think its an issue with the link. Do you have an account? since I know they limit the # of downloads you can get per day or something like that. Also, are you using the MegaManager or just using your browser?

Hi Blank

Thanks for looking into it. I've signed up for a 30day premier account just to get this download. I don't think its limited in anyway as I've downloaded later parts with no problem (basically when its stalled I've just moved to the next one in the list)

I'm just using firefox to download, although I've tried and got the same problem, on the same files in Chrome too.

Hope that helps

Chris

Since you have an account, try using the MegaManager, you get it for free with the account. It works a lot faster than regular dl and you can resume and restart if needed. You can get it here - http://megaupload.com/?c=tools

Edited by Blank

PS I think pixel perfect is not worth it on N64 whats peoples thoughts.....N64 looks so much better in HD

That depends on how you look at it. I have a real N64 which has been modded for RGB output via SCART. This is the best output, arguably better than YUV, and it feeds to a 30" Sony PVM - pretty much the highest end CRT ever made. The native output is 240p - at least for all the games I have. I'm able to reproduce this look EXACTLY on my 50" HDTV by using Surreal at 480p, pixel perfect and turning on my SLG3000. Its literally as sharp and detailed as a real N64.

If your not using scanlines though, I'm guessing that the output is better at 720p. I will have to play with that. :blink:

The N64 is a really odd system graphics-wise, so really, anything goes.

a 30" Sony PVM

wish i can find one :blink:, i only have a 21" :D

Phil, one question what kind of speaker have you for the pvm ? can you give me details (especially the impedance) ?

Edited by Sparda

the thing with megaupload is when a file of this size is uplaoded then it will time out because lots of people are trying to download it.

as a lot of people who do not accounts at megaupload will be trying to download it then it will time out for a lot of people,even members will get timed out.

always best to wait at least 24 hours i say.

edit/also dont post these coinops2 links just yet at snesorama,give them a few days because if you do then loads of people will start downloading and the timeouts will end up being more frequent.

Keep checking Craigslist. Also, if there are any advertising or post production companies around you, give them a call and ask if they have any old SD monitors they want to get rid of. Usually, they do.

I use these speakers: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-GigaWorks-M...3549&sr=8-3

a 30" Sony PVM

wish i can find one :blink:, i only have a 21" :D

Phil, one question what kind of speaker have you for the pvm ? can you give me details (especially the impedance) ?

PS I think pixel perfect is not worth it on N64 whats peoples thoughts.....N64 looks so much better in HD

That depends on how you look at it. I have a real N64 which has been modded for RGB output via SCART. This is the best output, arguably better than YUV, and it feeds to a 30" Sony PVM - pretty much the highest end CRT ever made. The native output is 240p - at least for all the games I have. I'm able to reproduce this look EXACTLY on my 50" HDTV by using Surreal at 480p, pixel perfect and turning on my SLG3000. Its literally as sharp and detailed as a real N64.

If your not using scanlines though, I'm guessing that the output is better at 720p. I will have to play with that. :blink:

The N64 is a really odd system graphics-wise, so really, anything goes.

do you have a cab phil?