Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Announced

If they manage to balls this one up then they've got some serious retards on the Sonic Team. Wiggly landscapes, rings, robots, fast moving blue thing. It's not rocket science.

It's not really Sonic Team's fault, at least not all of it. Based on past interviews with those involved with Sega and Sonic Team, it was mostly Sega's retarded suits and executive meddling that played a huge part in driving Sonic to the dirt. Basically, they said "do this and this, and it's great. If you don't, we'll cut your development budget etc.".

Often times developers do not have the creative freedom they wish they had. It's very common from someone higher up to step in and tell devs that market research indicates this and this are currently hot and driving the market, so put lots of that into the game and ditch the original plans.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time sega, sonic doesn't need friends.. he's anti-social and only demands jewlry, who needs friends when you have rings to pawn shop?

I'm alittle disappointed that it won't go retail in stores, with any luck that becomes a last minute change.. C'mon Make it happen sega! Go get a billion dvd cases and put CD's in them, it's not hard.. You need to hustle and sell them like a bootlegger. :)

There's lots of these download only games coming out that a lot of people miss out on coz they like to buy retail. Popcap realised this and started putting their games on DVDs. I didn't even know until one day I saw Plants vs Zombies on DVD in a supermarket and I was like 'Hey, I illegally downloaded that a few months ago, but that case cover is pretty'

Sorry, no...Sonic Adventure was a turd too. Why people seem to think it's so great is beyond me.

It was Sega's answer to Nintendo's Super Mario 64...and it was pathetic. Sonic is not a platformer like Mario, you just can't translate that into a 3D world for 2 reasons.

1: Stopping Sonic to check things out or slow him down to get to things? FAIL see #2

2: Sonic goes FAST, in a 3D plane that means lack of control. SA controlled like pure ASS. FAIL see #1

3D Sonic games have been nothing but miserable. Anyone who thinks otherwise did not grow up with the first Sonic games.

If you ignore the fact that it's a SONIC game, it's not terrible...but it's a SONIC game!

I did grow up with the first Sonic games, and I didn't mind Sonic Adventure, but I acknowledge that it was not as good as any of the 2D ones. One thing I did hate about Sonic Adventure though, is that it was the game where Dr. Robotnik started calling himself Eggman. Like he forgot what his actual name was, so decided to go along with the insult name Sonic started calling him in the cartoon series.

Whoever thought sonic and humans should be in one game, should probably just be launched into the sun, who knows?! it might a great idea and could further benefit the health of the brand.. Sega, that is.

That's just so they open you to the idea of some furry/human love that will take place in the future.

Oh yea.... You saw that BS with Shadow and "MARIA...Ughhh".

Clues....Watch the clues.

Whoever thought sonic and humans should be in one game, should probably just be launched into the sun, who knows?! it might a great idea and could further benefit the health of the brand.. Sega, that is.

That's just so they open you to the idea of some furry/human love that will take place in the future.

Oh yea.... You saw that BS with Shadow and "MARIA...Ughhh".

Clues....Watch the clues.

I have to admit, they took it very far with Sonic the hedgehog on the 360, Which was the last bad game, i believe.

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

I forgot about the sudden addition of humans. I did think it was rediculous at the time. Then again, Robotnik has always been a human. He just looks like an egg.

Sorry, no...Sonic Adventure was a turd too. Why people seem to think it's so great is beyond me.

It was Sega's answer to Nintendo's Super Mario 64...and it was pathetic. Sonic is not a platformer like Mario, you just can't translate that into a 3D world for 2 reasons.

1: Stopping Sonic to check things out or slow him down to get to things? FAIL see #2

2: Sonic goes FAST, in a 3D plane that means lack of control. SA controlled like pure ASS. FAIL see #1

3D Sonic games have been nothing but miserable. Anyone who thinks otherwise did not grow up with the first Sonic games.

If you ignore the fact that it's a SONIC game, it's not terrible...but it's a SONIC game!

Actually, I did grow up with the Sonic series starting from the original... the key phrase in my quote about SA1 was "for the time". It was Sega's first true attempt at moving Sonic to 3D and considering that, it wasn't terrible. The game suffered from technical issues but was still generally fun. Unfortunately, as time went on the technical problems became far more obvious and the game could no longer wow fans with it's graphics. It certainly didn't age as well as Mario 64.

Sonic's speed has always been a tricky thing to tackle. When you think back on it, the original games really weren't that fast. The speed of SA1 and 2 was fine in my opinion, it was in Sonic Heroes and beyond that they ruined it. To really make Sonic move as fast as he technically should, they would need to dumb the levels down to multi-tiered race tracks essentially. Dimps did this with Sonic Advance 2 and it was a disaster. Every level was simply the same repetitive crap stretched out to last a couple of minutes. They need to find the balance they had from the original 3 games and accept the fact Sonic simply can't move at that fast (at least not all of the time).