Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

ha Cbagy, go to filtered games, then "manufacturer" presto it list them all ha Nes thought of it all, anyhow Nes once you go into select game it shows a huge list, is there anyway to make this emu kinda have what FbaPro xxx had which is once in the games select screen you could then push the back triggers to scroll through the game systems, like NeoGeo/Cps1/Cave/Sega Genesis ect..so basically the skinners can have a little bit more fun while making skins, yeah I know its seperated once you go into filtered games then "custom" but I think id be cooler to do it on the fly like FbaPro...

Edit:for the option I was talking about perhaps the black button have it only scroll to the right , I dont think the black button is used for anything in the game select screen...

Edited by (XBOX)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha Cbagy, go to filtered games, then "manufacturer" presto it list them all ha Nes thought of it all

Yes thanks. I was aware of this feature. Usually someone who has a deeper knowledge of these roms

can come up with an uncatagorised rom or two. Always seems to happen.

- Many many times, when I try to exit a game, the emulator throws me back to the same game, just like a SOFT RESET. And it is stubborn! I need to select exit games sometime 3 or 4 times!

Strange. I don't understand. You pick Exit from the menu and the Xbox reboots and that game automatically starts? That shouldn't happen and it has never happened to me. The only things in the menu that night not work the first time is Reset, and Arcade Settings. Figure out a game where that happens and post or pm me your path.ini and the name of the game. I'll see if I can figure it out.

But any way, let me explain again - even on a clean install, with only Final Fight and Street Fighter Alpha 1 on the roms directory, the problem happens on different occasions. When I am inside of the game and I select the option EXIT GAME, instead of being thrown to the emulator GUI I am thrown to the game itself again, like a game reset. I even see the GUI background and a 'loading' message (or somthing like that, don't remember the exactly phrase), but instead of arrive on the rom list, I am inside the very same game again.

Thanks,

Cospefogo.

I think I figured out why you're having this issue Cospefogo. When you Press A to Exit any game, a "Please Wait" message comes up while the GUI loads the rom list. It only takes a 2 to 5 seconds for this to happen, but if you continuosly mash the A button while the "Please Wait" message is there, you will actually be selecting the game you just exited again. This is because FBL returns to the last rom that was selected in the rom list, which saves time. All you have to do is avoid pressing buttons when the "Please Wait" message comes up after you exit a game. Pressing A once should do the trick.

Let me know if I'm wrong or if this doesn't solve the problem. I'm just trying to help you out.

And adding the possibility to dynamically show/hide clones like FBAXX did would be very nice. :)

True. I forgot to mention an option to adjust the Gamma settings would be a good minor addition too.

Edited by neoryu

How about the ability for the skin to show a different background for each filter, so you can have a different background for CPS1, CPS2, NeoGeo, Psikyo etc, then we can make use of all those backgrounds we made for FBA-XXX Pro.

Found a more significant bug:

Game - Marvel VS Capcom and clones: mvsc.zip, etc.

Issue - Strider Hiryu's ending causes the emulator to crash.

Details - After KOing Onslaught with Strider Hiryu, the Final Burn Legends screensaver comes up and stays there until you press a button. Then a message appears that reads "Final Burn alpha crashed. This rom or cheat code is not supported. Press A to exit"

I have no cheats enabled for the game and I have not altered mvsc's cheats in the dat. Tried this several times to confirm.

My settings are:

720P

Hardware filter - Bilinear

Software filter - Simple2X

Flicker and Soften filters off

Sound

Low pass = off

Sample interpolation = Linear

FM interpolation = Enabled

Edited by neoryu

Found a more significant bug:

Game - Marvel VS Capcom and clones: mvsc.zip, etc.

Issue - Strider Hiryu's ending causes the emulator to crash.

Details - After KOing Onslaught with Strider Hiryu, the Final Burn Legends screensaver comes up and stays there until you press a button. Then a message appears that reads "Final Burn alpha crashed. This rom or cheat code is not supported. Press A to exit"

I have no cheats enabled for the game and I have not altered mvsc's cheats in the dat. Tried this several times to confirm.

My settings are:

720P

Hardware filter - Bilinear

Software filter - Simple2X

Flicker and Soften filters off

Sound

Low pass = off

Sample interpolation = Linear

FM interpolation = Enabled

Does the screen saver appear every time? Does it crash as soon as the screen saver disappears? If so, can you edit the ini and set the screen saver time to something like 30 (that will delay it by 30 minutes) and try it again? Can you delete your D:\config\mvsc.ini first before testing it again? If it still crashes, can you post a savestate?

Edited by nes6502

I wasnt gonna say anything but something similar happend to a game while I was playing, No cheats or anything I play right out the box with this emu on a Sd Tv so no Hd settings...I enter the game it works nothing wrong then exit and It says the same thing Neoryu said..Final Burn crashed, make sure the cheats enabled are..blah blah you know the line..Ill get into more specific detail and will edit this when I get back to the house, the games called cube something....cya will edit this post later..

ps the games gay so I dont really care too much but it seems its a bug so thought Id report it now, oh yeah and once you try going back into the game after that message appears it always displays that message so you cant play it again, you have to delete the ini via a filemanager to get back into it...