Final Burn Legends 1.0

nes6502

"-There is no CPS3 emulation nor will there be. The Xbox is not fast

enough to emulate these games using Final Burn Alpha."

LOL!!!............ then why do BOTH jojo games work i thought those were CPS3 games???

UPDATE i NOTICED SFIII 2nd impact works perfectly

3rd strike gets an out of memory error but one of the roms of 3rd strike i get a ROM ERROR unable to load the rom press A to exit....

and the first street fighter 3 the new generation runs PERFECTLY

one of the RED EARTH roms from the cps 3 emu runs but i get an ingame error "NO CD-ROM DRIVE"

What about the framerate? In HD or non HD? With filters or not? With a standard Xbox or a custom nuclear one? Where do you live? What's your name? lol

Edit: looks i have my answer... As i was 99% sure i got a nice "out of memory" on all the games lol So i assume you don't have a standard Xbox with 64Mo of RAM.

Edited by - kenshiro -

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!!............ then why do BOTH jojo games work i thought those were CPS3 games???

3rd strike gets an out of memory error but one of the roms of 3rd strike i get a ROM ERROR unable to load the rom press A to exit....

one of the RED EARTH roms from the cps 3 emu runs but i get an ingame error "NO CD-ROM DRIVE"

ummm....because you are not using a normal Xbox. Obviously my statement applied to normal Xboxes. Not 128MB 1.4 GHtz CPU Xboxes.

But thanks for the info.

ust a quick question since I am crap at building romsets. could I build a romset for this using the MAME 0.135 set and clrmamepro? And the DAT file provided earlier in the thread? Noob question I know but normally I don't bother building these as they are tiresome and often don't work properly for me.

That should work. I used RomCenter and that's what the dat is for, but I think it can be used in Clrmamepro.

- Everytime I enter a game, it is by default with SOFTEN turned ON. I turn OFF. Play. Exit the game. When I enter again, SOFTEN is ON once more.

Turned on in the menu or turned off in the menu but actually enabled in the game? There is a bug where the flicker filter and soften settings don't get applied when the game starts. I've already fixed it in the next version.

- Many many times, when I try to exit a game, the emulator throws me back to the same game, just like a SOFT RESET. And it is stubborn! I need to select exit games sometime 3 or 4 times!

Strange. I don't understand. You pick Exit from the menu and the Xbox reboots and that game automatically starts? That shouldn't happen and it has never happened to me. The only things in the menu that night not work the first time is Reset, and Arcade Settings. Figure out a game where that happens and post or pm me your path.ini and the name of the game. I'll see if I can figure it out.

- Many many times, when I try to exit a game, the emulator throws me back to the same game, just like a SOFT RESET. And it is stubborn! I need to select exit games sometime 3 or 4 times!

Strange. I don't understand. You pick Exit from the menu and the Xbox reboots and that game automatically starts? That shouldn't happen and it has never happened to me. The only things in the menu that night not work the first time is Reset, and Arcade Settings. Figure out a game where that happens and post or pm me your path.ini and the name of the game. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Sorry NES for my poor english --- and looks like you were already aware of the issue!

Neoryu said few posts back:

"The issue with some games needing to be exited a few times is in the FBL Readme. Nes6502 is aware of this issue."

But any way, let me explain again - even on a clean install, with only Final Fight and Street Fighter Alpha 1 on the roms directory, the problem happens on different occasions. When I am inside of the game and I select the option EXIT GAME, instead of being thrown to the emulator GUI I am thrown to the game itself again, like a game reset. I even see the GUI background and a 'loading' message (or somthing like that, don't remember the exactly phrase), but instead of arrive on the rom list, I am inside the very same game again.

Thanks,

Cospefogo.

Hmm...perhaps nes isn't aware of this issue after all Cospefogo. After checking again, I couldn't find any info on this in the "Frequently Asked Questions" document. There is no readme file for FBL; it's called "Release Notes" and that document exists word for word in the very first post in the thread for reference. I apologize for the mistake Cos. I could have sworn I read this discussed somewhere.

However, I've been trying to reproduce the issue you're having but I still haven't had any issues with exiting any of the games. What resolution and video settings are you using? Do you remember which version of Final Fight and SFA 1 you used? Do you have any cheats enabled? I hope you can get this sorted out my friend.

Came across a few strange issues with: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - USA 960620

Issue 1: I paused at the in game menu for a bit. Upon returning to the game, the game screen was jittering and my controller refused to accept any inputs. I also noticed that the audio had completely disappeared from the game. Had to do a hard reset of the emulator to do anything. I have no idea what caused this.

Issue 2: After rebooting FBL, when I leave this game running up until the Score Ranking screen appears, there are graphical bugs for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th spots where characters should be in the high score ranking list.

I fixed this by deleting my hiscore.ini for spf2t. The graphical bug in the high score list disappeared after that, but after completing the game, I suspect it will return. Should the hi-score saving feature affect games in this manner?

What about the framerate? In HD or non HD? With filters or not? With a standard Xbox or a custom nuclear one? Where do you live? What's your name? lol

Edit: looks i have my answer... As i was 99% sure i got a nice "out of memory" on all the games lol So i assume you don't have a standard Xbox with 64Mo of RAM.

i believe all normal settings all i did was download ALL the roms from the mame 0.134 rom set ftp'ed them and did a rescan

YOSH

Has anyone uploaded a wide icon for this emulator? I have just got all my wide icons sorted now there is a gap. Monumental tragedy I know but I like my xbox to be a pretty as possible :P

Have heard mention of an icon in the making by XBOX are there any yet?

cheers...

Came across a few strange issues with: Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo - USA 960620

Issue 1: I paused at the in game menu for a bit. Upon returning to the game, the game screen was jittering and my controller refused to accept any inputs. I also noticed that the audio had completely disappeared from the game. Had to do a hard reset of the emulator to do anything. I have no idea what caused this.

Issue 2: After rebooting FBL, when I leave this game running up until the Score Ranking screen appears, there are graphical bugs for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th spots where characters should be in the high score ranking list.

I fixed this by deleting my hiscore.ini for spf2t. The graphical bug in the high score list disappeared after that, but after completing the game, I suspect it will return. Should the hi-score saving feature affect games in this manner?

The PC version of FBA doesn't enable Hi scores for almost any games by default. The hi score can cause all types of problems. That's why MAME got rid of them.

The graphics problem is because of the Hi Scores. You can do the save state trick to get around it until the next release.

I can't reproduce the first issue. When you say you paused at the in game menu, do you mean the FBL one brought up by clicking the right thumb stick? Or some in game menu in the game? How long did you leave it at that menu? Did you have any cheat codes enabled?

Edited by nes6502