CoinOPS reignite Updates Unofficial thread..

fumanchu

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like this side of 1emulation has quickly dilapidated into tumbleweeds.

If there's one thing BP was good at it was generating hype from the CoinOps releases. Oh, and of course Kenshiro has gone the ghost as well.

I made an ulitmatium to a few to go our separate ways if they see to it ill come back onto here if not I wont be. Also due to 1emulation quickly dilapidated into tumbleweeds I will be allowing a few into a private forum soon or talk to gamecop about a dev forum here...if not apart from nes release this scene is dying pretty fast IMO maybe it will pickup again but if not ill set something up for those that PMed

Its the calm before the storm thats all.

Perhaps the NES6502 release will replace yours as top dog here !!!

As i see it there are 3 options.

1. Run away and sulk in a private forum.

2. Take the other emulator on head to head for popularity.

3. Continue deveoping for the fan base that exists, avoid a head to head by giving users the opportunity

help develop this emulator further. Not in a "feature suggestion" slagging match but by showing users

what you want and how they can create it. You have the talent, you just need to learn to be a teacher.

what can I teach you cba? honestly no offense ive seen you PS skills and I dont think you understand coding what do you want me to teach you?(if its skinning im sorry but thats just a replace and see what it does ask question like 999 guy did I told him the exact lines he needed and looked though the source to see if it was poss)

what other dev ever has taught people stuff? I cant even get people to read the readme or help

PS I hope legends does replace CoinOPS as top dog he has all my sources and can split off and work with anyone on anything no worries at all or use it in his build...I wish him luck I know hes more skilled than me really. So best of luck to NES or anyone else that gets into this, its not really anything to do with what I post I very rarely stray much from arcade games really.

I understand the current CoinOps config is a "add and replace, see what happens type skin", thats fine if your happy with the way it is now. Thats where i gave up as i felt no freedom and wasnt happy with copy n paste to the current framework.

Coding, yes your right well kind of, believe it or not i do understand it and can write (not copy and paste) a little, the code has been out a while you know, but i dont know enough to build a full emulator.

What i mean is i think there needs to be a new direction to avoid stagnation.

PS. I dont use the expensive Photo Shop, i use basic Paint Shop. As far as my skills go your right again, very limited however, i have produced varied, coloufull inteactive skins for different emulators across the board. Ive seen your artistic work, lol no offense, but if i chop off the end of my little finger then i can post you some of my artistic talent, that would then double your existing repertoire, would that help you ?

Edited by cba.gy

its getting a total new direction...biggest ive seen

also 90percent of stuff is named as it is in the simplelist section and to me its self expainitry I skined it very fast the first time and it isnt to different and 999 asked for half the changes so he obviously looked at it at some stage properly and thats great. It can do what FBA does and more it would be easy to 100percent duplicate any fba skin

its getting a total new direction...biggest ive seen

also 90percent of stuff is named as it is in the simplelist section and to me its self expainitry I skined it very fast the first time and it isnt to different and 999 asked for half the changes so he obviously looked at it at some stage properly and thats great. It can do what FBA does and more it would be easy to 100percent duplicate any fba skin

That to me is a good step forward already, it will open up opportunities for others to feel like they can contribute.

Out of this world news that BP. Yes i do understand XBMC skin engine. So thats what youve decided for this emulator then. I must admit i was dissapointed when it was voted against those months back. Opens up doors for animations too, transition effects oh yes.

PS. Did you have to pay for those videos for CoinOps ?

Edited by cba.gy

yes I did buy access and developed some tools to do everything automattically.... some one else made all of them in the bit ratios and sizes I required both small and large that took about 2-3 days of 100percent CPU but was done within a working week so we have them all now, dev tools to converted both sets sd and hd to match Showcase roms and grab the pics from full sets....so all I have to do it select a set of roms and it will collect all the extras for me and assemble it to a package..... theres a hidden package loader so I can make it one rar file at sometime ill add it in so I it can be used by others with packs in mind

Im guessing you havent seen them running in HD. They are stretched across the rom list dialogue so therefore distorted. However i may have the SD versions of the videos that came with a showcase pack weeks back.