NeoGenesis Madmab Edition

cba.gy

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would that be ripping it off if I coded a good deal and got it into the cvs for everyone???

.....just answer that and ill be happy but as usual you will woffle around what you dont know im sure and make excuses thinking your awsome and im ripping shit off when ive spent years on way more than you think...way more

Well i have to be honest, sometimes i really dont get what your trying to say. Perhaps im reading your posts wrong but some seem pretty vague. What is it your actually asking me ?

what if I coded and helped with alot of the GUI features and spent 1000s of hours with the team adding them into a open source cvs would that be ripping off the code?

sorry dude I wont respond any more I really promise this is a waste of time...im sure your all good and its good to see some of your work...its pretty damm awsome

I see ok, depending how things were submitted. Did you add the other authors names too ?

I remember seeing a skin of yours for one of the Mame variants (maybe mameox) dont remember any coding credits though.

What you have done with the CoinOps emulator is brilliant. Both the options and the other drivers added are a real benefit. It is built on the shoulders of giants though. Lets be honest again, you did start with a fully functioning emulator already. Having said that that i do believe you are a skilled bloke and you do deserve a lot of praise for your work. You have put a lot of hours in thats plain to see. So in answer to your question, no, i don't believe you are directly ripping them off, just being rather colourfull with the truth.

In anticipation of Madmab releasing his NeoGenesis Edition beta.

Heres a SD version of my Singularity skin. http://www.mediafire.com/?r3jyniwrmgh

Not too many configs. I cant do too much with SD due to lack of space.

Im a HD user so i have no motivation in SD so ive done this out of the goodness of my heart for you lot.

All_Previews_SD.jpgConOps_SD.jpg

Settings_SD.jpgemuloadbkg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3jyniwrmgh

Edited by cba.gy

no worries I can tell you have no idea about XBMC and stuff that has gone on for years there....I thought you did know :rolleyes:....if you know what cvs you wouldnt ask these questions .. how about Git or SVN? they are more modern terms. Anys xbmc release a build every 2 weeks and people dont complain in fact they like it....they only add one or 2 gui features a week and thank god we havent had your kind over that project or it would be released at every point release about once every 18months. In all honesty I know you have no knoweldge of years of dev that I know of and I have no knowlege of lots and lots of projects happing now or in the past.

I know open source stuff and I have contributed alot into award winning software....you dont know this im sure but I know what I did last summer

PS I cant tell if that skins a joke or if its serious....its a joke right?

as for mameox I did nothing for it ever....nothing I did skin mamedox and I was the skinner for it and had nothing to do with credits rubbish. notice ive removed my name from everything....everything in the EMU I dont want anyone in 5 years knowing who did it, as they could careless IMO the giants are the mame team and allways will be and everyone knows its mame if not they dont need to know cause they anit interested IMO

cvs, git ,svn all terms we all know and understand their usages.

I have an extremely small knowledge of developing code you are correct.

Although theres a lot of that about !

Not all devs are as clever as they would have us believe though.

Folder structures included in xbox ports that dont do anything can mean 2 things.

1. Lots of code commented out but dependancies still remain.

2. The inability to comprehend how to remove this code without breaking the code.

Now as ive said theres a lot of this about, surely this code and folders is clutter ?

Without this clutter perhaps precious resources could be freed.

Now this is your domain, could say CoinOps be re-built, without cut n paste, from the ground up without

the clutter from a PC port ? Do these things impact performance ?

lol Yeah half the skin is a joke, the easy 10 minute boring looking piece. Can you gueess which piece.

Although on a serious note the videos do play in very high quality in the "correct aspect". Plus one

can browse the roms with "zero" slowdown. I notice CoinOps suffers badly from this. Is that cause of

poor video encoding or poor emulator coding or just bad skinning ? Care to comment.

In anticipation of Madmab releasing his NeoGenesis Edition beta.

Heres a SD version of my Singularity skin. http://www.mediafire.com/?r3jyniwrmgh

Not too many configs. I cant do too much with SD due to lack of space.

Im a HD user so i have no motivation in SD so ive done this out of the goodness of my heart for you lot.

All_Previews_SD.jpgConOps_SD.jpg

Settings_SD.jpgemuloadbkg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?r3jyniwrmgh

Edited by cba.gy

ummmm well I dont know what to say.....yes every thing can be optomised as has been happening for ages...every feature requires some mem so its probably a minus. If you want to change this stuff its all open source just learn how I cant really help. A total rebuild would be mosterous espeically as bug free as CoinOPS is if anyone want to do this they can..but the new core runs slow as for many games. Mame is built for high end PC and they dont comprimise for anything but a good PC. Dev dont think they are clever but they know they have to do the work any can learn and do anything in fact its a great help if they do....I supplied all source code and matched it so it build correctly on PC this took me hours and hours to make it work for the public properly. If you want your own project make one I had to do that for myself as I didnt like what I had...I dont see why you and me are any different really, I say learn the stuff you think is siple then you will know what is simple and what is hard cause many things fall into many catagories. All I can say is start your own project the way you want it to go...use anyones source or a mix and hopefully people will like your stuff.