thinking of digging out the old xbox

Inky

and putting it in the bedroom strictly for emulation.

anyone know a cheap as free way of wirelessly networking an og xbox? I don't wanna run cat5 all around the house.

emulator suggestions?

coinops should handle all my cps1/2, and NeoGeo needs right?

SNES?

NES?

I've got a bunch of emulators on there now but they are horribly out of date.

I should prolly update the dash too. I've always used XBMC. is that still the best option?

any other suggestions?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know a cheap as free way of wirelessly networking an og xbox? I don't wanna run cat5 all around the house.

emulator suggestions?

SNES?

NES?

I should prolly update the dash too. I've always used XBMC. is that still the best option?

any other suggestions?

Wireless I have no experience of personally so can't help there.

I would still recommend FBAxxx over CoinOPs for CPS/NG, not to mention that some drivers have been added that are specific to FBA, thanks to kenshiro and IQ 132. Some other features exclusive to FBAxxx like move lists and reliable save/load functionality make it the better choice IMO.

SNES is still best served by ZSnesbox, NES probably MednafenX NES, though I haven't used it in ages.

A list of the latest Xbox emu versions can be found here on Cospefogo's site.

XBMC is still by far the best dash. If you are running it on a HD TV then Mediastream is a nice skin.

Id say CoinOPS is fine for all my Neo Geo CPS1/2 if you want an easy to use GUI for everyone... if you want ultimate options performance and features for Neogeo/CPS1and2 use FBAxxx its definatly aimed at these games.

What games are added that arnt in CoinOPS to new FBAxxx Gavin?

What games are added that arnt in CoinOPS to new FBAxxx Gavin?

I can't remember which games specifically, but I thought that kenshiro and IQ had written/added drivers for some games that weren't working on the Xbox before. Bonk's Adventure was one of them I think?

emulator suggestions?

SNES?

NES?

any other suggestions?

Networking the xbox with wireless equipment really depends on how your pc connects to the internet already, this determins which gear you need to buy. Which rooms have an internet access point. In my situation i live in England, i use fibre optic broadband. All of the habital rooms in my house have been hard wired ready for cable broadband. With this in mind my set-up follows, the modem is hardwired using broadband input in lounge (living room, sitting room, tv room) which then connects to the wireless router still in lounge, xbox hard wired to router with lan cable, still in lounge, PC in spare small bedroom with wireless card installed. All hve internet access and networked. All i had to buy was a wireless router and a wireless card for my pc.

emulator suggestions?

SNES?

NES?

any other suggestions?

for neogeo,cps1,cps2 probably fbaxxx but i use both coinops and fba for neogeo,their both good.

for snes i would recommend zsnexbox and for nes probably medanafenx-nes.

Inky unless your looking to mess about with firmware like ddrt and compatible routers/modems the answer is yes but exspensive in time and money (the orignal wireless for xbox and compatibles cost a bomb on ebay).

For dash XBMC would be best for you and its all about video plugins look out for g4tv, revision,nbc universal, cbs, hulu and iplayer.

For skins try pm3hd and focus if you have memory problemss with mediastream (only when running in HD upscale with component)

The only other option to try for wireless is the laptop bridge trick people use for 360 or try ICS from laptop by cable.

hmm I do have a laptop that is rarely used. no one would miss it if it were tethered to the xbox permanently.

thanks for all the tips guys. I hit a snag though. I can't find the Av cable or the controllers. so if I go forward I need to invest some money.

(wasn't planning on it, just a side project to keep me occupied during the dry summer video game season. so I dunno)

yeah there is alot of stuff coming but most of those are all a month or 2 away.

so I need to fill in the holes.