Whats up with the Economy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cash is life.

no cash, no food, clothing, housing, or medicine.

you know the things that keep your frail pink body from dieing.

Why do we care for such a thing? Why do we prioretize this sh!t above anything else?

It's just cash, not life, so why is it so important?

Get back to myself and the rest of us when you have:

1: A child to take care of

2: A mortgage and property tax to pay

3: Car payments/maintenance

And more......

Do you mean "Down?" YOHOHOHOHO!

Seriously. Cash Rules Everything Around Us. The money, dolla, dolla bill y'all.

I was rationalizing this a few weeks ago.

A recession "itself" is not real; it's more of a conclusion.

The only things real in a recession include people not wanting to spend money (which itself is a whole other problem) and people losing their jobs.

tl;dr: half of what makes it a recession is hysteria

I sometimes have issues with my husband when it comes to the importance of money. We have a child, rent to pay, car bill, the other monthly bills, health, life & car insurance, etc. We make it but don't have everything we want. He wants to work more and more to have extra but I find family time more important. I grew up poor...very poor but we still made the best of things because we were together. I personally don't care if everything crashes. Whatever we lack, nature will provide. Sure we wouldn't have the stuff we grew accustomed to and thought we needed.

Unfortunately it's at a stage where you can hardly get by but yet you're pretty much stuck. One day, the majority of humanity will start using their brains and become self reliant instead of putting faith on politicians to fix everything. We all know what happens and what will continue to happen until we as people fix the damn problem.

Edited by Hera

nature only provides when you provide for nature. Farming is hard work and less than 2% of the worlds population are active as farmers. If the economy crashes and anarchy rules expect cannibalism after all the canned foods are gone because they aint no seeds in the city.

money power respect keeps you eating right

Economics is still an "in-the-works" field of study. We still don't know how and when to properly accommodate the economy during times of crisis.

Recessions are caused by a decrease in aggregate output or the total quantity of goods and services produced by a country, and they are real events. When aggregate output decreases, standard of living decreases, which is very important. This will lead to lower prices and, in most cases, job promoting reforms by the government in order to revive the economy (like hiring manual labor such as building roads).

Why do we prioritize the economy? Because we live in a world with a global economy. One break in that link can affect everyone else, which is definitely the case in the recession currently. If you open a history book you'll see the reason most large empires fall is because of lack of understand in commerce and mercantilism (Rome, Spain, etc.)