National Bill Seeks to Mislabel Video Games.

Hera

Some of you may know I am part of the VGVN (Video Game Voters Network) and now there is a new threat coming our way that we need all your help to fight here. Take a look at this I was e-mailed just recently from VGVN. As you read this, your Congressperson may be considering co-sponsoring the newest regulatory assault on video games -Rep. Joe Baca's (D-CA) bill H.R. 231, "The Video Game Health Labeling Act." Baca's bill mandates that video games rated Teen or higher receive the following warning label:

"WARNING Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to agressive behavior."

What a bunch of rubbish.

Go here: http://www.videogamevoters.org/ to vote.

Edited by Hera

And where is the proof? How can they mandate something that has no proof to back it?

There has not been a single conclusive study to support the idea that videogames cause agressive behaviour, yet there have been studies that have conclusively prove otherwise.

Mandating something that is not just unfounded, but unproven and WRONG, should never be allowed to happen.

the dead milkmen made me wanna smoke banana peels.

media controls us.

I remember alot. Such as the time some lady politican who was hating on Night Trap. Some really old game where you try and save some hostages lives or something. But the house has young women in it, and she said, " would you want your daughters going on a date with someone who just played 2 hours of this?"

#1 your trying to SAVE lives not make them worse... so right off, her point doesnt make sense.

I remember the heat Mortal Kombat got. I remember that the nonsense assholes that did the school shooting were reported on playing that and alot of Doom. You flocking nimrods. Do you see ME ripping out spinal columns??? No. Do you see me shooting people? No.

Cinder is right.

There has not been a single conclusive study to support the idea that videogames cause agressive behaviour, yet there have been studies that have conclusively prove otherwise.

Mandating something that is not just unfounded, but unproven and WRONG, should never be allowed to happen.

Something is wrong... How can this be considered? My buddy likes horror flicks. Loves the gore. Guy is pretty passive, not an agitated or voilent person in the least. I can see someone saying... "if he was pushed" But sh!t... if anyone was pushed far enough, they would react. It depends on the individual on HOW they react. Im an agressive person. I can be violent. But I'm the same guy who picks up and helps earthworms that get stranded on the sidewalk in the morning, or evade lizzards as I ride my bike down the sidewalk. Just because I have a violent streak doesnt mean I'm a psycho. Only crazzy MF's react so, and it's not the media that makes them. They were already F'd up.

This is probably a case of one ruining it for all.

Remember the kid who killed some cops "because" of GTA?

Or, this could be in response to those kids who play MMORPGs so long that they fail to eat and do any vital human action and just wither away :ph34r: