Let's talk about something Controversial.

Hera

What do you guys think about assisted suicide?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for it. seriously.

if it's time to go then it's time to go.

I actually think modern medicine is keeping us alive for to long. and just keeping us alive with out hope in some cases.

our bodies weren't meant to live that long.

I love it.

Want to give more detail as to why? :blink:

I'm kind of in the middle. I believe people should do what they consider is best for themselves but I also take into consideration that a lot of people aren't in a right state of mind when they are dying. Depending on the cause, some would be dealing with pain at extreme levels and just want to get it over with but still have a chance of being cured or at least given alternatives to dealing with it.

I'm all for it. seriously.

if it's time to go then it's time to go.

I actually think modern medicine is keeping us alive for to long. and just keeping us alive with out hope in some cases.

our bodies weren't meant to live that long.

I agree that if it's time to go, it's time to go. But actually telling yourself it's time to go when you're still alive and there's a chance to keep on living, I don't see why it's worth giving it up. That's just me. I have seen family members slowly dying from cancer, going through treatments and taking loads of medicines that make them literally sick to the point of not being able to move. I have seen the suffering before they die but they still lived every second they had left loving and enjoying what time they had with loved ones. In MY opinion (MY meaning you can think differently without being insulting about it), I wouldn't just say "kill me now" because I'm leaving life in a way I didn't want to. Everyone wants to die peacefully but it just doesn't happen that way. If people take these medicines knowing that it will never cure the disease and knowing they would eventually die from it, it's saying that they still find more life to live. I guess I just don't like the fact of people giving up.

my sisters mother in law is 90. she can hardly walk, she can't do her own grocery shopping, she can't clean her own house. the only time she leaves the house it to go to the hospital. thats not living.

yeah if you are still happy with life like that then by all means fight for life, but if you've had enough of life at that point who is the state to stop you from moving on?

just as people say "it's my body" for the whole drinking, smoking, drugs debate" I think that should extend to their life as well.

my sisters mother in law is 90. she can hardly walk, she can't do her own grocery shopping, she can't clean her own house. the only time she leaves the house it to go to the hospital. thats not living.

yeah if you are still happy with life like that then by all means fight for life, but if you've had enough of life at that point who is the state to stop you from moving on?

just as people say "it's my body" for the whole drinking, smoking, drugs debate" I think that should extend to their life as well.

True. I don't know. I guess it's just a vicious emotional and moral cycle for me to actually take a stand either way.

Why isn't this in lounge? It's an awesome topic.

I'm all for it, it's the persons life, you can't be a Hero to someone who doesn't even want to save their self. Now in situations (like your brain dieing), I say everyone leave instructions somewhere on what to do in case it happens (like a will).

Why isn't this in lounge? It's an awesome topic.

I'm all for it, it's the persons life, you can't be a Hero to someone who doesn't even want to save their self. Now in situations (like your brain dieing), I say everyone leave instructions somewhere on what to do in case it happens (like a will).

True. I find it responsible to give thorough instructions in case something like that would occur. I wouldn't want to place a loved one under such a horrible terrifying decision.

Moved to lounge - SPAM requires meaningless "junk"

I agree with it provided certain criteria are met.

Terminal Cancer patients should have the option, whereas someone who has the possibility of recovering IF they put the effort in and follow medical advice should not be allowed.

If you're going to suffer and there's no chance of survival/recovery, you shouldn't be told you have to "deal".

We don't force family pets to suffer, why should we force friends and family to?

Sorry I didn't put it in the lounge. I didn't know if the certain topics I mention in that thread would cause offense or arguments with everyone else. Maybe I should ask first next time. :lol: