Let's talk about something Controversial.

Hera

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it.

Want to give more detail as to why? :lol:

I'm kind of in the middle. I believe people should do what they consider is best for themselves but I also take into consideration that a lot of people aren't in a right state of mind when they are dying. Depending on the cause, some would be dealing with pain at extreme levels and just want to get it over with but still have a chance of being cured or at least given alternatives to dealing with it.

Well I don't love it. :D

This is an incredibly touchy subject in the medical world.

I pretty much feel the same way you do on this issue. If someone is very sick and in great pain they should be able to do what they want to feel better, even if it means ending their life. Patients can refuse any kind of treatment and just ask for pain killers that make the pain go away when they die but they can't ask a doctor to give them something that will kill them faster. Should doctors be able to do that? I don't think they should. I think they should make the remaining life as painless as possible and that's done through services like hospice.

It's all very complex and my brain is too scattered right now to talk in any length about anything serious. :P

I love it.

Want to give more detail as to why? :lol:

I'm kind of in the middle. I believe people should do what they consider is best for themselves but I also take into consideration that a lot of people aren't in a right state of mind when they are dying. Depending on the cause, some would be dealing with pain at extreme levels and just want to get it over with but still have a chance of being cured or at least given alternatives to dealing with it.

Well I don't love it. :D

This is an incredibly touchy subject in the medical world.

I pretty much feel the same way you do on this issue. If someone is very sick and in great pain they should be able to do what they want to feel better, even if it means ending their life. Patients can refuse any kind of treatment and just ask for pain killers that make the pain go away when they die but they can't ask a doctor to give them something that will kill them faster. Should doctors be able to do that? I don't think they should. I think they should make the remaining life as painless as possible and that's done through services like hospice.

It's all very complex and my brain is too scattered right now to talk in any length about anything serious. :P

Yeah like I said, it's a bit hard for me to be standing firm with yes or no. My mother worked in hospice...I've heard such sad stories of how these people just waiting to die were the sweetest, funniest and cheerful people she had ever met. I remember going to her job when I was younger and there was this old man who was basically ignored by his family. He was a marine biologist who wrote childrens books. I grew really fond of him and he died holding my hand. Through all the pain he was going through and the neglect from his family, that man still had a reason to live his life to the fullest. He was brave. I guess that's why I'm so indecisive about the whole thing.

if it comes down to assisted suicide then u are helping someone out ,if u are a point in your life where u cant do the simplest task with out someone else help and u r ready to check out its your choice on how u want to go. to me there really is no wrong or right to this question it all comes down to the indiviual when the time comes.

Yea, quite a gray area. There is alot to it... so perhaps I should just keep this short.

I cannot deny, that if someone is suffering... they shouldnt need to remain in misery. It is indeed their choice. I have alot of things I can throw back and forth... but it just boiled down to that.

Isn't "assisted suicide" considered murder or some other term of murder in the eyes of the law? I can't remember.

Now suicide it's self I myself find annoying. I use to get first responder calls out the ying yang for attempted suicide or actual successful suicides (mostly from ODing but a few gunshots and hangings). What really annoyed me was their reasons. Completely self centered. Their notes always state that they ended their life cuz they believed the world revolved around said individual and when one thing didn't go right they went straight emo and ended their life. I'd said off of experience 90% of suicides happened cuz of a break up in a relationship. I have had a few of people that had a problem with health or something like that that couldn't handle it anymore and just ended it. The relationship ones are the ones I find annoying. I've actually had a firefighter shoot himself in the face with a shotgun because he broke up with some chick and I actually got pissed that he did that.

Now stupid people can do it all they want and my smile will just get bigger. Like that lady that sued McDonalds cuz her coffee was hot needs to An Hero herself.

I think the only state that kind of allows assisted suicide is Oregon with it's Death With Dignity Act or something.

Oregon and Washington (each has different rules).

IS assited suicide someone signing papers saying "Im ready to die" and then having the government or whoever perform some injection that casues a quick death?

No it's between patient and doctor. Either by euthanasia, starvation or dehydration.