[11/19/03] Postal 2

Rag

Game: Postal 2

System: PC

Emulators: None

One thing I gotta say about this game, "wheeeee" I first got this game because I was looking for a good FPS that you could have some fun with. By far this is one of the most free, fun FPS's i've ever played. The great thing about this game is that its just like real life, except its just a bit more hectic. Ok, A LOT more hectic, but thats why its fun. You start out in a small, rural town in Arizona called Paradise. Don't be fooled by the name, this town is NOTHING like paradise hahaha. Your name, oddly enough, is Postal Dude. P Dude's house is actually a trailer in which he lives with his wife/girlfriend. Your job: run errands. Sounds stupid? Just give it a try. Its hilarious what you can do in this game. There is a wide variety of weapons. Anything from stun guns to rocket launchers, from diseased cow heads to plainly just pissing on people. Sounds weird huh? You bet it does, but its weird in a funny way. Don't think that you can just go around doing whatever you want though. Theres cops out to get you if you are doing something illegal. Let me remind you though, this game is a little bit intense, but its not that bad. Lotsa gory stuff, but I think its a great humorous FPS.

030926_postal2_01.jpg

So lets see, I'll give you an example here of what I mean by freedom in this game. Your first errand in the game is to go and buy some milk. This is pretty fun, even though its just the first mission. You start to walk into town and you can do whatever you want on the way. Go rob a house, go annoy the hell outta other characters, or just go galavanting all over town with your fly down (but watch out for the cops) Anyways you eventually get to the local market. Here you find the milk after making some racial comments about the store (I won't spoil your game's funnyness) and you can do a few things. You can pay the $10 it is, or you can steal it. Stealing it causes the owner to get REALLY pissed at you, he'll bring out his guns. Anyways thats what I mean by freedom. Freedom to do whatever you feel like to make you happy. There are also many various items in the game. Some you will come across are errand items, money, or health packs.

screen04.jpg

One incredibally annoying thing about this game is the loading times. This game is seperated into parts, I believe it uses the Unreal Engine. So say you go from one part of town to another, it takes like seriously 2 minutes to load. Luckily though, the people at Running With Scissors (company that made Postal 2) came out with a patch that decreased loading times to about 10-20 seconds (thank god) I couldn't play the game without the patch honestly. I will rate the speed of the game based on the patched version, if I didn't it would be about a 4 or 5... Another great feature about this game is there are many cool NPCs. Theres Running with Scissors associates, everyday people, and even Gary Coleman. He is the celebrity guest star of the game. There are also many stores in the game. There are stores for armor, drugs, and misc. items. These usually cost a lot of money though.

The game's "levels" are days. Each day things get more hectic, and you travel more through out town. Usually, the errands get harder as the days go by. You start of in Monday, nothing too hard here. This review is basically Postal 2 in a nutshell. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to have a great time with a game. It made me laugh uncontrollably at parts, its just that funny (to me at least) If your looking for a good laugh in a game, definatly get this entertaining game. I believe the price around here is still at $50, but it should decrease soon due to the fact that the game is getting older.

Speed - 8

Gameplay - 10

Graphics - 10

Sound - 10

Overall Score - 9.5

Grade - A

Overall I give this game a :)

art1.jpg

Edited by Rag

Everyone's opinion is theirs.......

But I found this to be a terrible looking and playing game.

It bored me right from the start and made it's way off my hard drive in only 20 minutes. (Glad I never bought it)

I give it a 3 out of 10.

Bleh, u ppl with ur 3d games. Luckily, my dad finally upgraded his computer so i can play some games on there with some limitations :D (Yes that doesnt include overnight :D)

Otherwise, It sounds like a big worldly game based on the GTA engine :P

I'll just borrow it from someone if I get bored enough :P

• 6 months later...

I have this game and i got to thursday, then i got REALLY BORED with it...

Now don't get me wrong i love pissing on people and blowing thme away with an M16, Infact i like how you can get the females to suck you of...

Its not a terribile game, but it could have been much much better.

Here is my favorite thing to do in this game:

1) Attack someone withe the shoker untill he falls down, Then stop.

2) Set him on fire with the gas can.

3) When he become burned, put the fire off (If you played the game, you know how...)

4) Wait till he gets up, and watch a burned man walking down the street...

I enjoyed setting the elephants on fire but that's all the fun I really had. Burning people got boring after the first 100. And I enjoyed killing Gary "What you talkin' about?" Coleman.

I enjoyed setting the elephants on fire but that's all the fun I really had. Burning people got boring after the first 100. And I enjoyed killing Gary "What you talkin' about?" Coleman.

What? Gary Coleman's in it?

What? Gary Coleman's in it?

Yes he is. He's in the mall and you're supposed to get his autograph or just kill him if waiting in line gets too boring. I guess running for governer wasn't enough, he had to guest star in a sub-par FPS.

• 3 weeks later...