FBA_XXX_Pro_1.29_BETA release (codename "Banana Hammock")

- kenshiro -

Hey kenshiro,

Just wondering if you removed games from this release...

I noticed quite a few games like fantasy zone and alex kidd and rastan which were included in the old datfiles for 128 aren't included in this release.

You're absolutly right, and here's the reason ;)

When System16 drivers were added in FBA-XXX Pro 1.28, those drivers were preliminary, i mean that was a Treble Winner WIP. The issue you can notice for example is a crash of Shinobi when you launch a magic power. Now those drivers (and more) runs pretty well on FBA.

About one year ago, i added all those drivers to FBA-XXX Pro and get an issue on games protected with the FD1094. A lot of games were working (and good crap: Alteread beast, Shinobi, Golden axe, Y board games, System1), a lot were not.

I was assuming that people will live with it and will say something like "whatever that's cool, there's a lot of new Sega games", while i was looking for a solution (when i added the Sega, i did my first step in coding like 3 - 4 months ago, so you can figure out what was my head (like this :blink::):ph34r: ).

But that was the contrary. Mostly "When will you get those games working? Will you speed up Y Board games? I want this, i want that, blow me :(" most part in PM. As that was "balls consumer", So i decided to simply remove them until i get it completly working, what i never done, i haven't take a look on it since one year.

You can be sure if tomorrow i release a build with most of Sega games working people people will asking for the non working games, or a new feature or something else. So no way for me lol. And as nes6502 managed to release a build with Sega games, that's not problem.

HD nuclear test build sended to everyone... ;) If someone can take a look at it as soon as possible lol, i gonna leave for all the week end, and also impatient to know if that works or not :)

Edit : there was a mistake in the previous build, i send a new build ;)

Sorry lol

Edit 2 : a new fix, you' ll have to download it again lol

Thanks man! I'm still alive -- :P just had a LOT of crap come up unexpectedly. Life can be a real pain at times but it can be real good too.

For the 720P HD modes: so far I get crashing in these:

Garou Mark of the Wolves

KOF 99

KOF99d (KOF99 decrypted)

KOF2000

KOF2000d (KOF 2000 decrypted)

Metal Slug 3

mslug 3d (Metal Slug 3 decrypted)

Esprade

Guwange

Gunbird

Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon

Samurai Shodown 4 - few crashes

-Almost ALL CPS2 games will go to a black screen. Some games will just bring up the "There is an error starting game" screen such as: Vampire Savior (vsavj, vsavu) Marvel vs Capcom, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Dimahoo etc. Any later released CPS2 games will go to the error screen, but the rest will boot to a black screen.

I'm not even close to done testing this, so I'll be back with more input in a short while.

I need some specific infos. Did you get a crash while loading or after? Are you sure do you have the latest release i send? Did you delete your ini directory and the old save? How much RAM is available before you launch a game?

Watch out, that's useless to test another games than Neogeo, cause the changes are only on those drivers. For the CPS2 that's normal, there's no VMM on it. I wrote a code 1 month ago with VMM on each game, and haven't release it yet cause there's some issues i noticed on FBA (PC version) and i'm still waiting for a new release to see what changes were done (btw hsf2 works now, that's the only game which need a VMM in non HD mode).

The fact you can't launch encrypted Neogeo games surprised me a bit (not as much), but the fact you can't launch decrypted sets is really strange.

Edited by - kenshiro -

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah man, every time i try to set it to 720p it locks up my xbox and i think you said you thought others have a trick to get it to work so until someone lets me in on this trick i can not do any testing for you bro.

I usually just edit the ini file located in the ini folder of the emu. OPen the fbaxxx.ini

scroll down to video options and change

nCurrentVideoMode 0=480i

1=480p

2=720p

I usually dont run it a resolutions higher than 720 but for 1080 use 3.

or just change it in game that works to. Also the neogeo bios that pro 1.28 was using has been updated

a bunch since its release so I would expect it needed an update.I looked around for my missing neogeo

files a few months ago when mame updated the neogeo bios set.

@Kenshiro so far all that messing with the xml trying to sort game categories prevents the skin from loading

Also the neogeo bios that pro 1.28 was using has been updated

a bunch since its release so I would expect it needed an update.I looked around for my missing neogeo

files a few months ago when mame updated the neogeo bios set.

lol why didn't you ask me for that? Ckech your PM box please ;)

Have some boobs in return (.)(.)

Honestly i just want you slap my ass, then hit me with a shovel ;)

Maybe I could hit you with a shovel then slap your ass?

If you slap my ass before using the shovel at least you're sure to not flock a dead body lol

Edited by - kenshiro -

Have some boobs in return (.)(.)

Honestly i just want you slap my ass, then hit me with a shovel ;)

Maybe I could hit you with a shovel then slap your ass?

If you slap my ass before using the shovel at least you're sure to not flock a dead body lol

lol ...