Is there a doctor in the house?

Robert

Have you had an infection or took any medicine lately? The proteinuria could mean tubular damage and pyuria is white blood cells so either post-infection or allergic reaction to something. Could be interstitial nephrotic damage because of RBCs, WBCs, and protein.

But my brain is fried right now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Belth, GFR is not something you really need to wait around for another opinion. It is what it is.

Ahh I see. Not a good sign... but still.

I will still look into it though. I obviously promise nothing... but sometimes I find a thing or two. At best... I might be able to find something that might ease (something). Alternative medicine can be a shot in the dark sometimes. First you look at what you take, (or will take) and then work your way from the cause of the ailment. I don't know how the market works over there in Australia... But if there is something beneficial to your ailment... you may have to have it mailed. (lol twigs or roots or something!)

Common remedies are often things that promote wellness. Some key ingredient in this or that... I know I'm being vague... but thats how it is.

Well Robert, how have you been feeling as of late? Still eating salad and such?

There could be an infection, because for one day, I was "pissing barbed wire". Maybe all it needs is an antibiotic.

What exactly does that mean... painful urination .... or peeing blood? :angry:

Holy crap, I just finished that lecture. That's borderline stage 3 CKD. Hopefully you don't get any uremic symptoms (show at stage 5 or 6 when GFR goes below 15-30).

Belth, GFR is not something you really need to wait around for another opinion. It is what it is. They probably did a iothalamate or inulin test.

Now they'll check his Vit D hormones as well as his parathyroid, check for anemia, and do a host of lab tests.

If there is any hypertension then that will have to be aggressively managed and if you don't then they'll probably do something about blood pressure management anyway because that is the number 1 risk for disease progression.

My thoughts exactly.

Looks like robert might end up on dialysis, is that for kidney and livers?

My thoughts go out to you robert, dont let it scare you do the best you can.

I am hoping this is only temporary for Robert. I will continue to pray for you my good buddy. This has been a tough thread to read and hopefully all will be well.

Just listen to your Doctor's advice the best you can and keep a positive attitude! :unsure: