Well, it was only a matter of time ....

Alpha

From tehskeen:

It's time for another exclusive video from TehSkeen. This time our feature presentation is a demonstration of the work in progress Nintendo Wii Backup Loader coded by the infamous and often controversial hacking guru Waninkoko. Yeah, read the first sentence again if you're at a loss for words.

The ISO Loader works like this. You create a legal backup of a game you own, convert the ISO file with a special program then burn it. After this, you copy over the ISO Loader to the Homebrew Channel and run it. It will boot the legal backup. Pretty simple. Oh, and no modchip is required. However, it does require you to have Waninkoko's Custom IOS installed.

This is a unprecedented moment in Nintendo Wii hacking history as is probably going to cause a massive movement in the scene. Too bad Nintendo didn't take Bushing's advice on blocking the method of doing this. Maybe they will now? Of course, this sort of thing isn't condoned by the "general" homebrew scene and when it's released will ultimately lead to some turmoil.

TehSkeen doesn't support piracy. We don't index releases, we don't spread torrents, we don't run contests to dump VC/Wiiware games. Heck, we don't host any tools to inject WAD files with. Waninkoko's motivation for creating the ISO Loader is unknown, but it is illegal and morally wrong to use it for booting illegal copies of games you don't own.

With that all said and done, what do you all think of this milestone in the Nintendo Wii scene? Do you support the project? Do you think it'll force Nintendo to take some sort of action against the "scene"? Oh, please keep out all of the "it's fake" BS in your replies. It's real. Period.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think this will create the demise of the notorious Nintendo Wii or not affect it at all? Post your thoughts.

If it means that the Wii can do more than it could before, then more Wii's will be sold.

Pretty simple equation really.

But that doesn't mean more games will be sold, which is what also makes or breaks a system.

If it means that the Wii can do more than it could before, then more Wii's will be sold.

Pretty simple equation really.

But that doesn't mean more games will be sold, which is what also makes or breaks a system.

Yeah if this had happened ages ago, but the Wii has already sold so many units now it's scary.

this could save my wii. I was going to sell it to my sister. now I may hold on to it and -backup- those few games worth playing on the wii.

guess I'll have to buy zelda now....

Wii's lacking in the game department, this is a good thing considering the only people who keep buying Wii's are grandma's who think their grandchildren will like the thing. Note to the old people, your grandchildren prefer playing with their real Wii's then this.

Too bad that it hasn't been released yet.

If you mean officially released, the answer is no. If you mean unofficially released, the answer is yes, hence the "leak".

LINK! :P

Latest news from waninkoko,

"#News#

2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it"

Well done to that person!!!!!

this is why we can't have nice things...

Was Waninkoko ever going to release the project himself?