Phone tethering

Gryph

My phone is capable via bluetooth, but I've never used it. Too damn expensive, and I wouldn't pay the extra for a plan including it as I would probably never use it.

Laptop has WiFi. Why would I need to use this, when there are so many hotspots and unsecured routers to be found?

Well I would't be asking if there was lots of wifi here.

Where the hell do you live? I live in like Canadian Hillbilly bastard land and theres WiFi everywhere. Mind you, I can't get a damn thing at work besides the office router, which I haven't had enough free time to hax0r yet. ^_^

from what i've heard EDGE is slow. and if ur tethering, ur data plan have to support it. I've heard people getting by with using a unlimited data plan for their phone that doesn't support tethering but the thing, They can catch you if they wanted since they would be able to tell the massive data flow ur using. so overall i don't think this is a good idea. maybe u should try gettin a laptop card with a data plan

and read the fine print, most unlimited plans cap at 5gigs a month. I know verizon does and sprint is supposed to go to 5 gigs very soon. edge and evdo are high latency high ping but the actual speeds are decent, not 60 bucks a month decent though. edge is around 200~300kbs evdo can get up to 1mbs