The MMA Thread

MMA = Mixed Martial Arts.

If you are a MMA fan or someone that is interested in the sport and would like to learn more this is the perfect thread for you.

I have been watching mma since the age of 11, keep up with every major mma event/organization/fighter.

I also keep an eye on the up and comers. I used to preview events and give in depth fight perdictions, I will now be bringing all my expertise to this site/thread. Hope you enjoy it my friend.

This first post will have up to date top ten rankings of all MMA weight classes too along with many other special features. Enjoy!

Discuss...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like your thoughts on this season of TUF. I felt all the fighters this season were pretty lame and there was no interesting personalities there was no Leben, or Grove this season. just a bunch of guys who weren't very good fighters.

I'd like your thoughts on this season of TUF. I felt all the fighters this season were pretty lame and there was no interesting personalities there was no Leben, or Grove this season. just a bunch of guys who weren't very good fighters.

I think people were more interested in Rampage/Forrest to be honest. The contestants were secondary and not as important. But honestly I am VERY impressed with Amir, that guy has had no pro fights and he is not the new ultimate fighter season winner, very impressive.

To be honest I have never been to crazy about TUF, it pushes back and prolongs mega fights like Rampage vs Forrest and next seasons Nog vs Frank Mir. I think it;s BS that we have to wait and suffer through all this hype. If they are both healthy they should just fight.

but don't you think Amir is gonna be in for a rude awakening when he faces a decent fighter? CB was all wrestle/ground and pound. with zero jitz defense.

I just feel the caliber of fighter is way down this season. I actually like TUF when there are decent fighters with some personality.

but don't you think Amir is gonna be in for a rude awakening when he faces a decent fighter? CB was all wrestle/ground and pound. with zero jitz defense.

I just feel the caliber of fighter is way down this season. I actually like TUF when there are decent fighters with some personality.

Well he is still young and growing as fighter, I think he has tremendous potential. :P

I honestly think he needs to move down to 170.

lol the beginning of that vid reminds me of the karate kid.

Machida is a great fighter, but I find his fights a little boring, prolly because he is so good that he rarely gets hit or engages in brawls. heheh.

the end of that vid also reminds me, why the hell has Tito gone away from the ground and pound? thats his bread and butter but he has avoided it his last few fights (all losses, coincidence? I think not)

lol the beginning of that vid reminds me of the karate kid.

Machida is a great fighter, but I find his fights a little boring, prolly because he is so good that he rarely gets hit or engages in brawls. heheh.

the end of that vid also reminds me, why the hell has Tito gone away from the ground and pound? thats his bread and butter but he has avoided it his last few fights (all losses, coincidence? I think not)

A lot of it has to do with him not being able to take the fight to the ground. And even if he does manage to get it to the ground he can't kept it there, fighters are just to well rounded and conditioned now.

Michida had real good fights with Nakamura and Sokoudjou - I think it depends on how hard he's pressured by his opponent which is something no one wants to do. What I thought was hilarious was how Tito was like, "I came here to fight!" and he had the safest strategy, ever!