Your favorite system controller?

2eyez

best controller of all time hands down is the Japanese Saturn pad.

other notables are the snes pad, and current 360 pad. I don't like Sony pads at all. the perfect cross breed would be a snes crosspad, saturn shape and buttons then figure some way to add in the analog and trigger/bumpers from the 360

PS1/2/3

The design fits the hand without restricting movement. a number of people complain about the position of the left analog stick, but these people need to re-examine exactly how the Xbox's stick feels. Try to make a comparison to the Dreamcast.

N64

Nintendo proves that it IS possible to make a controller that requires 3 hands to use correctly. Fail.

Gamecube

Would've been great if a) I didn't feel like I was gonna break the damn thing, and B) the Z button wasn't the hardest to hit button ever.

Edited by Chibi Kami

Gamecube it's the most ergonomic controller that ever existed and the shoulder buttons are second to none, Playstation controllers are k......but analog sticks are useless where they are positioned (Too close together on inside, like twiddling your thumbs together), and have absolutely ZERO resistance to them (An analog stick NEEDS resistance). They're just a thicker SNES pad otherwise.......and we all know the SNES pad was the $hit.

PS1/2/3

The design fits the hand without restricting movement. a number of people complain about the position of the left analog stick, but these people need to re-examine exactly how the Xbox's stick feels. Try to make a comparison to the Dreamcast.

N64

Nintendo proves that it IS possible to make a controller that requires 3 hands to use correctly. Fail.

Gamecube

Would've been great if a) I didn't feel like I was gonna break the damn thing, and :thumbsup1: the Z button wasn't the hardest to hit button ever.

I totally disagree about the N64 controller.

You never needed 3 hands to hold the controller. Only two, because all games only need the Analogstick+Z or the DigiPad + L. SO I vote for the N64 on the 1st place (it jsut was the best way to play 1st person shooters, with the C-Buttons + the analog stick), 2nd is the PS1/2/3 and third the Gamecube.