Hey BP

ressurectionx

Nope ... there actually a few games that do that but havent noticed it in along time. Just remeber if you limit games like I was going to do, alot wont work in scan so you are limiting people. I have decided to remove all limits in CoinOPS they are easy to add but decided againt it.... people can add what they want

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. It seems like it's games that are 2 player alternating. I haven't noticed any problem with simultaneous games cause they're all pretty much mapped with 2 or 4 input sections for 2 or 4 players.

I'm going to check out other alternating games and see if some of them work right. If I find some that work, I'm going to try to do the same thing in 1942 and see if I can get it to alternate right.

EDITED TO ADD: This might be harder than I thought. Most (All?) of the old classics play that way. 2nd player select and start are set up for coin and 2 player start, but 1st controller controls all in-game action.

This has to be because there was only one controller on those old Pac-Man arcades and you just moved out of the way and let your friend play when you died.

There has to be some code somewhere that fixes this, maybe in later builds of MAME? I've messed around with it and I've succeeded in making it so that both controllers control action for both players (even worse). Can't seem to get these old games to alternate from controller 1 to controller 2.

I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Edited by ressurectionx

I've got a fix for it, but I don't know how to do it yet. I'm trying to figure it out.

Here's what I have figured out so far:

1) The reason that only one controller plays all in game action on alternating classics is because they only had one controller and you moved out of the way when you died to let your friend play. 2nd player Coin and Start work on the second joystick because there was a separate button for 2 player start.

2) Cocktail tables had two controllers, so the way the code is written you can go into the UI settings and change to cocktail mode and the 2nd player controller will work like it's supposed to.

3) Cocktail tables also flip the screen action so the other player can see, so even though the control works like it should now, everything is upside down.

This is what I'd like to do now.

1) Inhibit the screen from flipping whenever cocktail mode is set.

2) Make cocktail mode default for games that used it. (I'd rather change one setting than have to make changes in every game driver).

Think this can be done? Any ideas?

Nice....

I like how you disabled the new build to recognize a new MAMEox.xbe and dump info for it. I'll have to use your old build then. Kudos for you to make this version unusable to me until I figure out what you did, but still useable to everyone else who is just playing games on it.

Respectfully,

~Rx

Well... like I've said, I've been cleaning the titles of games, removed 2MB so far of unnecessary code, fixed mapping of all fighting games so A is jump and X is attack and some other keymapping fixes, and tweaked analog settings for about 10 games so far. I also got Arcade Classics to work perfectly.

Here's a test for you. Let's see who can get Arcades Classics running better.

I'm tweaking it with every build I make. If you play it now and then take a look at the code, you'll see you have quite a bit of work in front of you. Don't bother looking on XBscene, I didn't post the instructions for that one yet.

Regards,

~Rx

EDITED: Ha ha.... that was an easy fix. I was too drunk earlier to even see that you changed the folders for the saves from /testid:0x4D414D46 to /testid:0x4D414D44. I already got the fix for that from ekszbox a week ago. I was thinking about doing it for this build to keep the old one on too but you saved me the hassle.

I also saw you post that you did this so this version doesn't clash with other versions of MAME, so I know it wasn't directed at me. ;)

Thanks again,

~Rx

Edited by ressurectionx

No worries as I said theres no locks in place..... if I wanted to it would be easy to stop the dats being changed or to even lock the games down would take about 1 minute could just remove the scaning for new metadata stuff with one line. But I never wanted to stop you and would have showed you how to do stuff and helped you but you know what the story was there.... so now you can add games like the scan roms function good luck maybe a few will like all thats clutter.

Cant see any reason to change arcade classics myself so not to sure what you mean there....

But forgive me if I dont come back here im sure whatever you do is all good, but they are the small things to me I know they are big to you, im sorry they just dont really get me going. I have some new source for the video previews that hellsfury gave me to look at and some new auto no sound stuff.... plus I must actually get to finish V4 720 editon. Im sure if you look you may even discover the new patch tech which would save you alot of time....alot ;)

Please remember that it was you that nearly stopped everyone else getting this..... but in the end one person shouldnt no matter what, effect everyone else. Im sure you can post as much info about little tweaks you do here but unless you add some real code or design a new GUI or logo that looks good its kind of pointless stuff to me, so once again forgive me for being rude and just not really paying to much attension.

Cheers

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

Arcade Classics is a game by Atari that you dont include in your versions.

I have fixed mapping for at least 10 to 15 games that you either didn't add because of control problems or you had on there like 720 that worked like crap, no offence.

It may be little to you, but I actually like playing games that have good control.

misinformation yet again arcades classic is in and tryed it out ;) good to see your sorting them all out people have been asking me time and time again for that

aslo if you prefer digital control to analog control the way you are doing it is silly add a switch to the GUI for LEFT ANALOG or LEFT DIGITAL or BOTH LEFT STICKS and it will effect each and every game. The digital control you lose the diff speed to turn but less touchy. Or grab the code with sensitivity and dead zone for stick from xbmc

Also a quick and easy 2min fix for all of them if people request it :)

Edited by BritneysPAIRS