Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rag

So Fast

I just got Cable Modem today. Thats why i haven't been on in a while, bcuz internet was down. Since i just got it, its the fastest thing to me. I just d/led something at 800 kb / sec and i couldn't believe it :lol:

800?? Geezus are you on a T3? How much are you paying a month?

I can only max out to 150Kb/s. :lol:

The max you can get in this country is about 200kb/s with cable.

I know plenty of people in the Netherlands and the USA that download nearly 2 Megabytes a second.

I want those speeds :lol:

Lol have fun man, I know the step from dial up to cable is huge so enjoy it while u have it. Where are u located gc since if ur in the states with cable u should have no problems gettin those speeds.

[quote name='DreamCastLover' date='Oct 14 2003, 12:41 AM']The max you can get in this country is about 200kb/s with cable.

I know plenty of people in the Netherlands and the USA that download nearly 2 Megabytes a second.

I want those speeds  :lol:[/quote]
I hear that, are taxes in crease wile are services decrease...

We need a band like system of a down for england only, i would personaly smack tony blairs head.

Oh yeah i think blue yonder do a meg connection and its based in england.

[quote name='emsley' date='Oct 14 2003, 07:05 AM'][quote name='DreamCastLover' date='Oct 14 2003, 12:41 AM'] The max you can get in this country is about 200kb/s with cable.

I want those speeds  :lol:[/quote]
I hear that, are taxes in crease wile are services decrease...

We need a band like system of a down for england only, i would personaly smack tony blairs head.

Oh yeah i think blue yonder do a meg connection and its based in england. [/quote]
blues yonder do a 2mb connection now!
but they are only based in brum and liverpool :lol: Edited by SWAMP_THING

Jeeeeze!!

Scousers and brummys donwloading how to nick Astra GTI's documents in a record times lol

[quote]Where are u located gc since if ur in the states with cable u should have no problems gettin those speeds.[/quote]

I have just regular DSL, no cable. For some reason though I get a faster speed then everyone around me who has the same service. :lol:

Might I encourage you all to do your freakin math!?

2mbps = 256kb/s

This download at 800kb/s would require you to have a 6.25mbps connection.

[size=14]GET REAL![/size]

Your ISP is Comcast, which doesn't offer no 6.25mbps connection.

The equation? bit\8=byte

800kbps I can see.......and you'd be downloading at an avg max of 100kb/s.

:lol:

Advertised speeds by ISP's are in BITS per second (Communications speed), actual download speeds are a measure of storage and are measured in BYTES per second.

Might I add that the fastest service Comcast offers is 3.5Mbps, their "Pro" package..........at 95 dollars a month. (Check their website)

This kinda miseducation and exageration REALLY cracks me up.

calm down cinder.

I already said "lies" Online to Gamecop but meh.

Yes there is no way you possibly can get that speed. The most I ever got was 300 kbs somehow (T1 Server I think). Otherwise, I want to know what site you're downloading from :lol:

Whoa, didn't think it would cause this much posts lol. Actually u guys are rite. It was 800, but thats before it flucuated or adjusted or w/e and went down to around 230ish, no need to yell. Plus hey, gimme a break, im new and excited to fast internet lol