PS3 picking up sales

solidius23

well i cant believe it well i can but its nice to see sony picking up a lil steam, by no means killing or even dent the 360 base but its actually getting down in price to be a rival to the 360 in the sales dept. since 3rd party wise this yr the ps3 and 360 will essentially be getting the same titles. so its an even playing field almost. im really proud of the developers they seem to be getting the hang of the ps3 hardware, with some of the newer games running just as smooth as their 360 counterpart. 2 which i have seen with my own eyes are burnout and devil may cry 4, both run smooth as silk with no slowdowns and no bad graphic tearing which is great over last yr ps3 has just plain shittey versions of games graphics wise,now they just gotta get their online part in some shape and i will be happy with both of my systems. a lot of the reason i think the sales are improving prolly has to do with that blu ray hd dvd format crap meh i have yet to even buy a blu ray movie. i only have the talledega nights that came with the ps3 when i got it. well i will stop my rant, thats all it is i was just happy to see the news. ok fanboys start your flame war i know its coming

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is terrible. More than anything I want a single platform, and no, the Wii doesn't count. One of the 2 big consoles needs to really dominate the other.

At the start of this generation I was banking on the PS3 so hard that it really took it tanking so badly in '07 to turn me away from that camp. The 360 leading wasn't ideal but now that it's ahead I'd much rather it dominate than the 2 platforms become even.

Them being even in sales will only create more difficult choices for the consumer and so I want one (I wouldn't care which except that I now own a 360) to have a clear lead and become the platform of choice. Expect to see the console 'war' and exclusivity deals piss a lot of people off over the coming years than they had in the last generation.

More competitions meaning better games to come out ....hopefully

Only in theory. Given the high costs of game development and the added risks of publishing across 2 different platforms rather than 1 big one with a guaranteed audience across all demographics... and I expect people will take less risks in game design. More sequels = better games... I think not.

So rather than getting fresh new ideas you're more likely to get Halo 4,5 and 6 and MGS 5,6 and 7. Same old crap battling it out over who has the better graphics and thus which system is better. It's going to get real old real fast.

26 Million for a medicore game that ends up being released on both consoles ends up selling 4x that. That's casual gaming for you.

This is terrible. More than anything I want a single platform, and no, the Wii doesn't count.

What problem do you have with the Wii? It's selling extremely a lot better than the 360 and the crappy PS3.

This is terrible. More than anything I want a single platform, and no, the Wii doesn't count.

What problem do you have with the Wii? It's selling extremely a lot better than the 360 and the crappy PS3.

LOL I can understand why the Wii doesn't count, but it is winning hehe.

I always thought the PS3 would defeat the Xbox360 in the end and I think it will. What's missing from the consoles is the games. Once FFXIII, GT, and other popular games come out, sales will go up fast.

You still have to take a month off of work to go on a journey and search every store in order to find a Wii.

But Wii's purpose worked perfectly!

They wanted to reach gamers and nongamers,

now i got my auntie and cousin(who never played videos games) wanting to buy one..

I think Nintendo is gonna blow u all away after smashbros.

And no, I'm not talking about SSB itself, Im talking the games after it.

I think Nintendo was holding back their killer games until SSB comes out.

At least thats my foolish theory.