My Legal Emulation Website

I know I probably shouldn't be posting my website right after I just registered, so I apologize if any conflicts arise.

I just started my own emulation and gaming website after becoming fond of the emulation scene and being quite active throughout various emulation communities. :Update: We moved to another host a few months back in may and everything is going quite nicely

We are still quite young, not a lot of content or a lot of members registered participating in discussions. I strive to keep my community as user friendly as possible discouraging flame baiting/flamewars and making improvements when I can to my website. We just started getting a lot more traffic and registrations when I decided to host compiles of Dolphin SVN Revisions.

It's a 100% legal community meaning we don't allow any illegal copyrighted materials to be posted or linked to. The forum software is the latest version of Mybb, I still haven't decided what to use as a main page. I plan on upgrading to vbulletin quite soon to leave Mybb behind since vbulletin seems to offer more features and options out of the box.

In case anyone is interested or wants to check us out I have provided a link below.

Link: XTemulation

Edited by Xtreme2damax

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good, let us know when the site is up.

The website/forum is already up, just not the main page yet. So instead of the url being just xtemu.com it is xtemu.com/forum. :)

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your website.

It's a 100% legal community meaning we don't allow any illegal copyrighted materials to be posted or linked to.

:peopleseybrow:

Ah yes, I remember the ruckus at Plot's place over this...

What ruckus?

It was over a former super mod/member allegedly promoting my website and slandering General Emulation which I had nothing to do with.

It's nice to see some familiar faces/members here and/or avatars. :peopleseybrow:

• 6 months later...

Wow, it's been that long since I originally posted this. ;)

Sorry for grave digging this old thread, just wanted to update with some additional info.

I am hosting the newest compiles of Dolphin SVN revision which ector gave permission on among other downloads. We are doing quite a bit better now than before, getting some new members.

The portal page is linked in my signature, which should have a link to the forum. I have just updated the forum software to Mybb 1.4 and am working on finding updated plugins to restore the former features of the forum we had before the upgrade.

If you have a related/unrelated website and are interested in an affiliation to help boost traffic and benefit both websites, please send me a PM.

I just want to ask one thing, are we allowed to promote/link to our website here? I've seen a few threads closed, not sure if this is allowed.

I take it as long as my site conforms to the rules of the forum, I am safe with posting it.

If you call a blank white page a forum.....sure.

Once I can check the place out, I can comment lol

Hmm, must be on your side as everything works fine here. I don't see why this would be closed, I would of thought if it was somehow frowned upon it would of been closed over six months ago. :P

My forum can't really be considered competition as of now, we aren't even that big. But the relevance of the main community topic is a bit similar.

Edited by Xtreme2damax