I'm not going to be around

Krosigrim

Well the tides have turned!!! I am going to be moving into the new place on the 31st. Because of my credit, they want a extra months rent as part of the deposit. And with my tax return, I have just enough to move in and get the power turned on, all in all, 1300 dollars... every last cent. HA! Well my current roommate is having the cable/internet turned off later today... (26th) and we don't have the money to get cable/internet turned on at the new apartment. So EM and I will be out for a while. Perhaps for just a few weeks, but it will be forever... to us. Although we may not be uber active lately... (lots of things going on lately) we always check up on the site on a daily basis. So I anticipate a quick return.

Also on a great note, I have alot of job opportunities!!!! #1 EA is hiring Game Testers. The job is seasonal, but who the hell cares.... There is no way they wont hire me. But since it is seasonal, I gotta think more realistically. There is a major hardware store in walking distance and they just opened, and since I used to work at one of the competing stores for 2+ years, I'm also a great candidate for hire. On top of that, my location is more centralized, and there are many many more great jobs in my reach, but I am going to see what is up with Tiburon, which is part of EA. I have a guy on the inside, that wants me to apply. He is the lead on the Tiger Woods game being developed currently. So I have a friend in the business!!!! I wonder... if I'm good enough, if my position will be more permanent... but whatever... it's a foot in the door. Also on this note, there will be opportunities for EM as well! So hopefully we can find a replacement quickly for that disaster she calls a job.

Well since I'll be offline, I'll have less distractions on my Unreal Tournament Map making... So perhaps I'll finish with the preliminaries and get to testing... hammer out the details and such... I look forward to playing with you guys again.... And I look forward to new comers joining too.... Game Cop!!! and you too Shibathedog. And everyone else who ever showed interest in playing with us on Cinders server. BTW, if you are interested in joining up, all the info is in the Official 1Emulation UT Server thread located in the online gaming forum. You may even get someones attention if you join the IRC and try to recruit some competition. All I know is you better practice now, Im going to light the fire, and make my presence known when I get back... so lookout.

Well thats basically it. Got alot of things to do in the next week. I will be settling in the first few days of February, and be sure, that I am going to throw a party. So I tip my glass to you guys now, in advance.

Goodbye my dot-comrades, I will be back and make my presence known!!!!!

good to hear! I hope you can get back online soon though. this place has been pretty dead with out your postings. but it is great you guys have some better opportunities looking ahead. damn 1300 for rent deposit and electric turned on?!?! thats my monthly rent out here. lol. I really need to get out of california. when I talk to peeps outside the state it really makes me realise how expensive it is here.

Game testing should be fun, but I'll tell you... it's not an easy job at all. You got to find all the bugs in each game and it's a long and rigorous process.

Don't forget that you can browse the Internet for free at your local public library. ;)

Yea, I know how tedious the job is. But can you imagine.... I put in average... 40 hours a week in games, and it used to be 50+. If I play games all day for a job, I'll be topping 80+ hours a week in game time. LOL Yea EM and I both have a nack for finding bugs. I just end up doing things so many times, I find a bug or glitch every so often in released games, let alone demos. Hell, you should have seen EM on Tony Hawk project * on the PS2 ( horrible version BTW ) She got stuck in slow motion... and one time on the sk8 demo, she sent the board into orbit!!!

But yea, it's still something Id like to do.

And with the hours, who knows when I will be active on the forum!!! I should actually be asleep right now... gotta wake up in just over 3 hours!!!! Ok everyone. Be well!

Yea, I know how tedious the job is. But can you imagine.... I put in average... 40 hours a week in games, and it used to be 50+. If I play games all day for a job, I'll be topping 80+ hours a week in game time. LOL Yea EM and I both have a nack for finding bugs. I just end up doing things so many times, I find a bug or glitch every so often in released games, let alone demos. Hell, you should have seen EM on Tony Hawk project * on the PS2 ( horrible version BTW ) She got stuck in slow motion... and one time on the sk8 demo, she sent the board into orbit!!!

But yea, it's still something Id like to do.

And with the hours, who knows when I will be active on the forum!!! I should actually be asleep right now... gotta wake up in just over 3 hours!!!! Ok everyone. Be well!

Good night and good luck buddy and I hope to see you guys posting again soon. ;)

Sad to see you off for the time being, bel. I know the feeling too. being away from here gnaw at me. I always took the chance to post as much as possible when I had chance to check in here, like today :(