virtua fighter3 on saturn!

~As it was later revealed, Sega of Japan executives felt that a port of VF3 for the dying Saturn might hurt the superior port already in development for Sega's newest console - the Dreamcast. Instead, they just kept on tweaking the game and refused to release it. VF3 for Saturn was officially cancelled on 17 September 1998 even though Sega of Japan had the completed game ready to send to the pressing plants. In the meantime, however, gamers got tired of Sega putting them on hold yet again and went to PlayStation for Tekken 3 instead."

And good riddance, Tekken 3 blew VF3 out of the water. VF didn't get good until 4. I remember my buddy snapping VF into lil fragments after I beat him too many times. He claimed the game made no sense. I just didn't like the gameplay.... at all. But I did like the crisp frame rate. But something bothers me about games on Sega Boards. From Daytona, through that Virtual On, VF's , some tank game, whatever, Games on Sega boards felt weird to me. The frame rate was good, but something was real odd. Can't put my finger on it.

~As it was later revealed, Sega of Japan executives felt that a port of VF3 for the dying Saturn might hurt the superior port already in development for Sega's newest console - the Dreamcast. Instead, they just kept on tweaking the game and refused to release it. VF3 for Saturn was officially cancelled on 17 September 1998 even though Sega of Japan had the completed game ready to send to the pressing plants. In the meantime, however, gamers got tired of Sega putting them on hold yet again and went to PlayStation for Tekken 3 instead."

And good riddance, Tekken 3 blew VF3 out of the water. VF didn't get good until 4. I remember my buddy snapping VF into lil fragments after I beat him too many times. He claimed the game made no sense. I just didn't like the gameplay.... at all. But I did like the crisp frame rate. But something bothers me about games on Sega Boards. From Daytona, through that Virtual On, VF's , some tank game, whatever, Games on Sega boards felt weird to me. The frame rate was good, but something was real odd. Can't put my finger on it.

The piss poor 3D graphics, when you know better can be done with the hardware? I enjoy some games on my Saturn, but for the most part.......the games on it BLOW DEAD GOATS. I think the texturing is what was a real letdown in most games for me, totally bland and flat textures EVERYWHERE.

The piss poor 3D graphics, when you know better can be done with the hardware? I enjoy some games on my Saturn, but for the most part.......the games on it BLOW DEAD GOATS. I think the texturing is what was a real letdown in most games for me, totally bland and flat textures EVERYWHERE.

when vitua cop,vitua fighter2 and sega rally came out for the saturn i just couldnt believe that the saturn was able to produce those graphics.just goes to show given enough time then you can perform miracles.

ps fatal there are a couple of good vids on youtube of this game up and running.

Edited by fumanchu