A few PS3 questions

2eyez

Since I'm getting one for X-Mas, my friend bought me one. They say I can't play ps2 games on my new ps3 b/c I bought the 40gig version. The 80gig version has a 30% of playing ps2 games I don't know about that but I'll test it out.

?s - Can I take my HDD from my ps2 and put it in my ps3

?s - Can I use my swap magic

?s - Can I run HD Loader and play ps2 games

I know I should of kept up with the ps3 scene but I didn't expect to get a ps3 until a year later. Ohh man what a head ache. Time to check out sksapps now.

Since I'm getting one for X-Mas, my friend bought me one. They say I can't play ps2 games on my new ps3 b/c I bought the 40gig version. The 80gig version has a 30% of playing ps2 games I don't know about that but I'll test it out.

I know I should of kept up with the ps3 scene but I didn't expect to get a ps3 until a year later. Ohh man what a head ache. Time to check out sksapps now.

i do know you cant use swap magic with ps3,dont know about the rest.

1- Nope. PS3 = SATA HDD, PS2 = IDE. Not that it matters- the file system and partitioning methods are completely different.

2- Nope. Totally different boot up scheme. Won't work.

3- Nope. HD Loader still requires PS2 hardware that is not in the PS3 you have, first off (not that it works on any other PS3s either).

Sorry. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but the PS3 can't do any of that stuff. If it could I would have seriously thought about getting one...

1- Nope. PS3 = SATA HDD, PS2 = IDE. Not that it matters- the file system and partitioning methods are completely different.

2- Nope. Totally different boot up scheme. Won't work.

3- Nope. HD Loader still requires PS2 hardware that is not in the PS3 you have, first off (not that it works on any other PS3s either).

Sorry. Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but the PS3 can't do any of that stuff. If it could I would have seriously thought about getting one...

Thanks for the info. Just got done with some research and what I want won't work. I'll stick to loading video and audio onto the ps3 for now.

2eyez, I hope you still didn't get the commercial failure system. Why would you buy a commercial failure PS3 when you can get a 360 and a Wii? :o

The PS3 was gift, so I'm not complaining. I'm not a fan of the 360 and my brother has a Wii already.

2eyez, I hope you still didn't get the commercial failure system. Why would you buy a commercial failure PS3 when you can get a 360 and a Wii? :P

Why would you base commercial failure with what system you purchase?

It's all about what the consumer likes and not what the public likes.

i own a ps3, it has it flaws like mostly game support but it has so many positives for it, a great media center device, great connectivity if u have a psp, ability to run linux,ability to increase your storage space(im got a 120gb in there now will be installing a 250 in another week), a web browser, online service is free(its not that great but its free u get wat ya pay for),cheapest blu ray player on the market, it has great potential in the future for emulation since it has linux on it.