Unexplained things you have seen or heard of

Krosigrim

In 1999, I was living in North Carolina, somewhere out in the middle of no-where. I had a house, and was living by myself at the time. I used to sleep in the living room every night. Id watch TV and drift off to sleep on the couch and not bother going to the bed. Well one night, like usual, I was staring at the wall, the one parallel to my front door. It of course was night, around 1 in the morning or something like that. Well, I saw a light, pan across my wall. I was laying there, wondering what it was. Car... no, Semi... no....NO... It couldn't have been a semi, I didn't hear a sound. You see, being that I lived in the middle of no-where, night time was really really quiet. And very dark too. I got up and looked out my front window. As I looked at my front yard, I realized more and more, that it could not have possibly been a vehicle. My front yard was kinda short, about 20 feet or so to my porch, from the road. And my yard had a major incline in the front. My porch was a good 10 feet above the level of the road. On top of that, just across the street, was a big ditch, at the edge of the road. It was a steep 6 feet or so, so it was kinda big, no room for a big truck really, unless it pulled up into my yard. But if it did pull up into my yard.... The angle of the lights were WAY off. They came in just above parallel to 0 degrees. Meaning The light source was a good 15 feet, IF it came from the road area. Too tall for a rig...... And if the rig pulled into my yard, the angle of the lights would have been different.

The more I thought about it, the more it didn't make sense. On top of all of this, there was the light itself. You have seen headlights, and a flashlight. Ever notice how the light is never uniform. There are bright and dim areas, and they usually make a circular pattern, from the reflective piece that surrounds the light bulb. Then you have florescent light, its uniform, but its a soft light, the shadows you make are faded. The light I saw, was very uniform, like it was florescent, but it was a hard light, you can see the sharpness of the shadows. It was like it was some mega LED. It wasn't a typical halogen you see in cars and such, they have a blueish color. This light was pure white, not a yellowish color you see from a typical car, or a street lamp. The only thing I can say to explain how it looked, was like a giant, high powered LED. Also, the area it must have crossed, to pan across my wall the way it did, had to be longer than my house, 55~ feet i guess. And with the light source facing one direction the whole time, Considering it was a directional light, not something that illuminated 360 degrees. I had nothing conventional to explain it.

So I said the hell with it and laid back down. I thought about all of that, and started to get sleepy again. And just as I stopped thinking about it, and started drifting, I happened to look up toward the kitchen. There on the side my refrigerator, was this strange light. I laid there and looked at it transfixed. It must have been more than a minute. I have no idea how long it was, but I remember trying to figure out what was making that light. Well I musta been real sleepy, because I should have gotten up right when I saw it. It looked crazy. Ever notice the refractment of sunlight on the bottom of a pool? Well it looked like that, but much tighter, more compact. AND it was in prismatic color. The thing that got me up, It had just hit me, the only outside light source, was not in the line of sight. I got up and stood right where the light appeared. I looked over and sure as hell, there was a wall in the way. I originally thought that the light was coming through the laundry room window. When I remembered that there was a roll up curtain, made of vinyl. It made a good seal, it didn't let light in around the edges. And even if it did, it wasn't in the line of sight. So there we have it, First a crazy spot light looking light, then some crazy refractment looking prism pattern, That was kinda dancing in place on my fridge. Both without any reasonable explanation.

The next morning, as I left for work, I examined the front yard. If it was a rig, it should have made some indentions, as my soil was quite soft. But there was none. I just couldn't find any explanation.

About 2 or 3 weeks later, I was watching some show that plays stuff caught on tape. I don't think it was Max X or anything, I cant remember. Well they always played videos, and to my surprise, they had some footage from a gas station surveillance camera, of this light sweeping through the parking lot. The location of the place, was EXTREMELY close to where I lived. I lived near the Tri city area, You know, Greensboro NC area. It was exactly as I explained, a low to the ground light. It looked like it was, perhaps 30 feet up on this tape though. You could tell due to the speed, and angle of the shadows coming off the poles that hold up the roof over the pumps. But the light, it was just as I explained. They said they couldn't explain it, and no one knows what it was. But it was the same thing that disturbed me a few weeks prior.... I'm certain of it. It just has no explanation, or at least one that "normal"

Now as you may of noticed from my previous posts, and this one, I go on and on. It's just how my mind works. I pay attention to the fine details. And as you can see, I went over so many little details, and thought about this rationally. I ruled out anything conventional. No sound. Impossible angle for a vehicle, much less the area of affect. The sheer mechanics of the sweeping light in general, were mulled over again and again. Then I have the prismatic refracting dancing light.... which denies me any practical explanation as well. I keep up with science the best I can, And I'm sure that my house was void of anything coming even close to being able to create the affect. Or so I'll call it. But none the less, there was an obstruction in the field of view, unless somehow light was bending around the corner......... in that case, it would still be just as strange. But I won't even get into all of this one, I.E. since the wall was in the way, where was the light source???!!!??? But like I said, I thought this through, in more ways than I even posted here....... And all I can say is...... WTF....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1999, I was living in North Carolina, somewhere out in the middle of no-where. I had a house, and was living by myself at the time. I used to sleep in the living room every night. Id watch TV and drift off to sleep on the couch and not bother going to the bed. Well one night, like usual, I was staring at the wall, the one parallel to my front door. It of course was night, around 1 in the morning or something like that. Well, I saw a light, pan across my wall. I was laying there, wondering what it was. Car... no, Semi... no....NO... It couldn't have been a semi, I didn't hear a sound. You see, being that I lived in the middle of no-where, night time was really really quiet. And very dark too. I got up and looked out my front window. As I looked at my front yard, I realized more and more, that it could not have possibly been a vehicle. My front yard was kinda short, about 20 feet or so to my porch, from the road. And my yard had a major incline in the front. My porch was a good 10 feet above the level of the road. On top of that, just across the street, was a big ditch, at the edge of the road. It was a steep 6 feet or so, so it was kinda big, no room for a big truck really, unless it pulled up into my yard. But if it did pull up into my yard.... The angle of the lights were WAY off. They came in just above parallel to 0 degrees. Meaning The light source was a good 15 feet, IF it came from the road area. Too tall for a rig...... And if the rig pulled into my yard, the angle of the lights would have been different.

The more I thought about it, the more it didn't make sense. On top of all of this, there was the light itself. You have seen headlights, and a flashlight. Ever notice how the light is never uniform. There are bright and dim areas, and they usually make a circular pattern, from the reflective piece that surrounds the light bulb. Then you have florescent light, its uniform, but its a soft light, the shadows you make are faded. The light I saw, was very uniform, like it was florescent, but it was a hard light, you can see the sharpness of the shadows. It was like it was some mega LED. It wasn't a typical halogen you see in cars and such, they have a blueish color. This light was pure white, not a yellowish color you see from a typical car, or a street lamp. The only thing I can say to explain how it looked, was like a giant, high powered LED. Also, the area it must have crossed, to pan across my wall the way it did, had to be longer than my house, 55~ feet i guess. And with the light source facing one direction the whole time, Considering it was a directional light, not something that illuminated 360 degrees. I had nothing conventional to explain it.

So I said the hell with it and laid back down. I thought about all of that, and started to get sleepy again. And just as I stopped thinking about it, and started drifting, I happened to look up toward the kitchen. There on the side my refrigerator, was this strange light. I laid there and looked at it transfixed. It must have been more than a minute. I have no idea how long it was, but I remember trying to figure out what was making that light. Well I musta been real sleepy, because I should have gotten up right when I saw it. It looked crazy. Ever notice the refractment of sunlight on the bottom of a pool? Well it looked like that, but much tighter, more compact. AND it was in prismatic color. The thing that got me up, It had just hit me, the only outside light source, was not in the line of sight. I got up and stood right where the light appeared. I looked over and sure as hell, there was a wall in the way. I originally thought that the light was coming through the laundry room window. When I remembered that there was a roll up curtain, made of vinyl. It made a good seal, it didn't let light in around the edges. And even if it did, it wasn't in the line of sight. So there we have it, First a crazy spot light looking light, then some crazy refractment looking prism pattern, That was kinda dancing in place on my fridge. Both without any reasonable explanation.

The next morning, as I left for work, I examined the front yard. If it was a rig, it should have made some indentions, as my soil was quite soft. But there was none. I just couldn't find any explanation.

About 2 or 3 weeks later, I was watching some show that plays stuff caught on tape. I don't think it was Max X or anything, I cant remember. Well they always played videos, and to my surprise, they had some footage from a gas station surveillance camera, of this light sweeping through the parking lot. The location of the place, was EXTREMELY close to where I lived. I lived near the Tri city area, You know, Greensboro NC area. It was exactly as I explained, a low to the ground light. It looked like it was, perhaps 30 feet up on this tape though. You could tell due to the speed, and angle of the shadows coming off the poles that hold up the roof over the pumps. But the light, it was just as I explained. They said they couldn't explain it, and no one knows what it was. But it was the same thing that disturbed me a few weeks prior.... I'm certain of it. It just has no explanation, or at least one that "normal"

Now as you may of noticed from my previous posts, and this one, I go on and on. It's just how my mind works. I pay attention to the fine details. And as you can see, I went over so many little details, and thought about this rationally. I ruled out anything conventional. No sound. Impossible angle for a vehicle, much less the area of affect. The sheer mechanics of the sweeping light in general, were mulled over again and again. Then I have the prismatic refracting dancing light.... which denies me any practical explanation as well. I keep up with science the best I can, And I'm sure that my house was void of anything coming even close to being able to create the affect. Or so I'll call it. But none the less, there was an obstruction in the field of view, unless somehow light was bending around the corner......... in that case, it would still be just as strange. But I won't even get into all of this one, I.E. since the wall was in the way, where was the light source???!!!??? But like I said, I thought this through, in more ways than I even posted here....... And all I can say is...... WTF....

I see

That's pretty crazy :D

Only really unexplainable thing that happened to me was last year in a Best Buy parking lot. The sun was almost set and it was slightly cloudy and damp. As me and my dad were walking from our car to the store, we both saw an orb of light come down from the sky and fly right toward us before suddenly disappearing without a sound. We looked at each other with a look that could only be described as "wtf? Did you see that, too?"

I still have no idea what it was...

I'd like to see the video! It sounds to me like a possible explanation would be someone running around with some light emitting thing around that time since it was so close together. But its hard to tell without actually seeing it.

I understand that... I tried to look for it, but no luck. I cant remember the name of the show I saw it on, that might help narrow down the search. As for blind searching the keywords I know... ugh. But It was way to smooth and fast for any type of fooling around. It was more likely a UAV or something, rather than a hoax. I went through the possibilities so many times, it just didn't add up. I did once see 3 military helicopters fly in formation real low just over my house once, so that leads me to think that there was some kind of base relatively near by. And I lived out in the boonies. Dude, BFE was closer to civilization than I was. I understand field testing in remote areas, but why would they risk flying over a rural area? Were they looking for something? A UAV. That might explain why I didn't hear anything. But what of the strange light on my fridge. I don't think it was a coincidence.

That's pretty crazy :D

Only really unexplainable thing that happened to me was last year in a Best Buy parking lot. The sun was almost set and it was slightly cloudy and damp. As me and my dad were walking from our car to the store, we both saw an orb of light come down from the sky and fly right toward us before suddenly disappearing without a sound. We looked at each other with a look that could only be described as "wtf? Did you see that, too?"

I still have no idea what it was...

Hey cool. Have you ever heard of ball lightning? I wonder if that was what it was. Ball Lightning has not been caught on tape as far as I know. Ok i just checked, and there all B.S.. But it is scientifically recognized. Who knows... But many sitings have been reported. They have been reported disappearing without a sound. And when I see things on Discovery, like MEGA lightning, that is as tall as 18 Mount Everests, and look at some of the things Tesla had done. I think Ball Lightning could happen. But as for what you saw... who knows. Sounds cool though, All I saw was the effects of things, not the actual happening........

tl;dr: this is wtfsciense thread.

Their have been some recorded fatalities on the ball lightning. I believe the most famous death would of Georg Richmann. A professor from Russia who made a kite-like thingy similar to Ben Franklin's kite thingy. He rushed into his home to take down his notes and boom, the ball went into his home, passed through his head and instantly killed him.

Moving on. I got tons of stuff like this, but they fall under WTFCREEPY then this. So here's one.

My house doesn't any type of violent history or the like (this place was trees for the longest time before sometime in the 50s). But multiple accounts, including myself, have heard a radio with a female or male voice (depending on person) from various points of my house. My sister and myself first encountered this last summer. This happened at around 3:15 AM, the supposed Devil's Hour (As oppose to 3:00 PM, being the time Jesus of Nazerath died on the cross), in my room. We were marathoning Angel (ironically, vampires, devils and the like) and my sister told me to pause the DVD player. We turned off the TV, my computer's speakers, checked my ipod and radio and we both heard different things. She heard a woman's voice sounding as if it was coming from an old radio, while I heard a man's voice. We triple checked everything, and it was coming from nothing. This lasted for about 20 minutes before we returned to continuing our marathon. Since then, I never sleep at or around 3:00-3:45 AM. Either I wait it out till 4 AM or later or sleep at 2:30 AM.

Fast forward several months later. My god brother (not actual brother, cousin) was living with us. So we stayed up all night together playing/calling each other names in WoW. One night I decided to sleep earlier then usual (see above). He knows the stories of my house, and at around 3:20(I know this because he woke me up) he went up stairs to make some food. He heard the radio in the kitchen, female voice edition! He was freaked out and didn't go back upstairs for the food.

Now a month or 2 later, I was all alone in my house at night (GB gone out to work, sister wasn't coming home until much later at night due to cousin's party, dad was on a trip to B.C.). I heard the female voice radio, this time from living room. I turned off everything in the living room, turned off my speakers, checked the radios and I still heard it. But this time it happened at around 12:30 AM. I am seemingly unfazed at this and return to watching TV. Rather loudly. This event happened randomly ever since, my friends have heard it (collectivly), some of em were freaked, I returned to my normalcy.

Have I heard it recently? Yup, last time in August, around the same time I first heard it, but with a male's voice. This time it was a woman's voice, I couldn't tell what she was saying due to the static, but it felt like she just wanted to talk.

Okay ill post this up just because I've only told 1 other person in my life about it before, and its a pretty cool story. I swear I'm not making any of this up. Its possible that I was being a stupid little kid or something, its possible that maybe I dreamed the whole thing, or maybe it did happen, I'm not really sure.

So one night, I was like 5 years old maybe, I don't remember I was young at the time though. I was sleeping in my room and woke up, and couldn't sleep, and decided to do what little kids do and sleep in my parents room. So I get in the bed and try to fall asleep, Just as I'm about to fall asleep I get this weird feeling like I'm suddenly not tired at all anymore. I open my eyes to see the freakiest crap I have ever seen.

Coming from the open doorway to the room, and walking towards the bed is this figure. It was walking really slowly, had a human shape. It was white-ish/clear-ish. but the flocked up thing was it looked like a person who had their head chopped off by two swords at once or something coming upwards. So basically the neck was like this pointed off triangle thing. It was really fuzzy looking so I couldn't tell if it had clothes on or what - I didn't look at it for too long. I shoved my face in the pillow and hoped I wasn't going to die for like 2 minutes, looked behind me again and it wasn't there.

It gets weirder too, So like a couple days later I'm sleeping in my room - Which had this huge window, and was on the second floor, there was seriously NO WAY to get up to that window aside from going outside with a a ladder or something. I awake to the sound of scraping noises at the window so I turn around to look at it and on the very corner of the window I see these baby sized hands scraping at the window. I mean they looked like actual baby hands from a human baby. I watched this go on for like a minute trying to figure out if it was somehow a tree branch or something, but no it wasn't.

Anyway nothing like that ever happened again in that house. I think I remember taking a few pictures in the basement with those orb things showing up but that was it. Makes me want to look at pictures from there to check now.

Oh we where also the first owners of the house, brand new subdivision and everything, I never heard any weird history about the area, the place used to be a big farm. In my backyard there was this tree with steps/pieces of an ancient tree house still stuck to it though. Someones dad or something told me once that they remembered the place and used to play in the tree house when they where little.

Oh man and another thing I thought I would add is at my new house.

This is probably easily explained - Its probably animals hunting each other or something. Its still creepy as hell though.

So my house is next to this huge patch of woods. If you leave the window open or go outside REALLY late at night, like at LEAST 3AM you will hear the most flocked up noises coming out of those woods. It sounds like...Something...definitely not human screaming at the top of its lungs while its throat is being ripped out and then you hear gargling and crap. You'll hear like weird chanting/humming and sounds of things dying in what seems like gruesome ways all night. I should set up a tape recorder or something because its pretty loud which makes it creepy as flock.

There are wild turkeys back there and wolves and stuff, and one time i saw blood and feathers everywhere so its probably just turkeys getting killed - i hope anyway. I wish there was a way to explain these noises that would do it justice, all my friends who i've told about this are like pfft your retarded and then when they hear it themselves I can SEE the chills it will send down your spine. They all admit its weird as hell.

Oh-man great stories guys. Wizard, that Is an original story man. I've never heard of anything like that. Thats great... And the fact that you were like , just flock it, Priceless. You said you had more stories, so id like to hear some when you have a chance. I figured this would be a great thread, because everyone seems to have unexplained things happen.

Oh-man great stories guys. Wizard, that Is an original story man. I've never heard of anything like that. Thats great... And the fact that you were like , just flock it, Priceless. You said you had more stories, so id like to hear some when you have a chance. I figured this would be a great thread, because everyone seems to have unexplained things happen.

My mother has told me, that out of my siblings, I'm the most spiritually aware of my surroundings (I don't get the cool stuff like seeing a statue cry, my sister saw that). Well another one.

Before I moved down to the lowest point of the house (the basement!), my bed room used to be at the highest point of the house (3rd floor), which would make this story about 7-8 years ago. As I said before, my house has absolutely no history in anything. One day I was on the computer, mid summer, terribly hot, had the window open, a couple of fans on and alone in the house, mother at work, sister went to the pool. So from my point of the house, I can hear practically everything downstairs. The TV, the stove, the microwave (this was all before we replaced them within the last 4 years), the downstairs bathroom, even the garage, this was also before we had an alarm system put in. As I was casually listening to music, I hear footsteps coming from the living room, thinking it was my sister. I shout out for my sister to grab me a coke on her way up. No response, just more footstep sounds. Wondering whats taking so long, I head downstairs to check up on her. Called out her name a few times, check the usual hiding spots, no where in sight, not a peep in the house, just my music playing upstairs. I head back upstairs, to continue my internet exploration on gamefaqs. I turn off my music, head my PSX which is directly across from me, before I turn it on, I hear the microwave turn on. Thinking that my sister pulled a fast one on me, I head downstairs and so I can 1up her and scare her. No one insight in the kitchen. Microwave was on, nothing inside, not a soul in sight. A similar think like this happened about 12 years ago when my cousin babysat my sister and I. Microwave turned on by itself, the upstairs telephone kept ringing for some reason as well. She was scared shitless, I was just as scared, but what happened 6-7 years ago, I just went back to what I was doing, called a few friends to invite them over for some gaming madness to get my mind off it. That night we managed to beat Thousand Arms lol.

I have more stories, but it's 5 AM, so I'll post back after a a few hours rest.