Recomendations for Older PC Games

Krosigrim

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thief 1 & 2 are fun, but damn hard. I can hardly pass map 2 :)

Really depend on stealth a lot.

I suspect you don't know how to use stealth in games (forgive me if I am wrong). If you have been playing FPS for any amount of time, you are used to a strategy of no strategy - point and shoot and when you run out of ammo select an even bigger gun and shoot again until the monster is dead! FRAGS +20 OMG OMG OMG!!!!1!

You have to unlearn all that. It might feel weird at first, but it is rewarding later on. I would have never have believed it, but I found that it was actually more satisfying to sneak past an enemy undetected then to kill him! OMG!

Unfortunately, i read that Thief 3 falls flat when it tried to go to 3rd person mode.

I've never been a fan of third person much, so this didn't bother me.

Thief 3 was pretty good, a worthy (but not superior) sequel to Thief II. Hell, Thief 3 has the best level ever made in a computer game: Shalebridge Cradle.

True True ... but who could actually forget Doom. Hell, I used to use the Doom II editor, those were the days. But thanks for the lookout.

Doom is the bomb. It is legendary. I hope the demons never die. I love Id Software.

Edited by Chaotica

Let me pick your brains, Time frame, a couple years after DoomII. I guess. There was this Diablo-esque dungeon crawler. While looking through everyones submissions, I found a game on a site called Ancient Evil, I thought that was it, BUT IT"S NOT! Stay away from Ancient evil. I BLOOOOOOOOOWS! but that was the only thing that looked similar. When I'm done here, ( 1EMULATION ) Is my first stop when I get home. I'm going to look for it because it is bothering me. Perhaps I'll find it, perhaps not. I don't remember much about the game, I didn't play much of it at all. But I always wanted to give it a decent try. If I find out what it is, Ill tell ya, and If it is indeed good, I'll submit it.

The only thing I can remember fully about it, was you were literally naked if you unequipped all your gear. Yea, thats not alot to go on, but that alone seems kinda exclusive.

Alright, So yea, stay away from Ancient Evil.