Recomendations for Older PC Games

Krosigrim

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, Tie figthers. I finished that game when i was 9. Lol

I still remember it when the Secret Orders ardorned me into the Secret Society in service of the Emperor.

Man, the very first PC game I buy original (2nd is Full Throttle)

Hah, Tie figthers. I finished that game when i was 9. Lol

I still remember it when the Secret Orders ardorned me into the Secret Society in service of the Emperor.

Man, the very first PC game I buy original (2nd is Full Throttle)

Mann i remember Close to nothing about that game. I used to skip through all the cutscenes and just play the missions. My brother bought it from a garage sale for like 5 bucks. I remember playing through the levels, finishing all the objectives but i was stuck because i hadnt realized you had to land by the Ship. lol Good ol days. Around this time i used to play Where in Time is carmen Sandiego/Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego/Leisure suit Larry(VGA)/Commander Keen. This was ALLLLL on windows 95/98

Alley Cat was good. Possibly the oldest game to have a cheat key.

I'm too busy to play games now.

But when I did it was lots of Commander Keen and other Apogee/ID games, Wolfenstein-3D, Spear of Destiny and Doom I/II and available homebrew levels.

Fantastic!!! Thats what I'm talking about. I have forgotten so many titles. I have some that were mentioned. But ALOT slipped through the cracks for me.

WHAAAAT... Rise of the Triad!!! I forgot all about that. Look at Gryph with the list! Shogo??? thats a new one to me, Disoblige also mentioned that. I'll have to check that first. And wow, Full Throttle..... I remember that one. Don't think I ever played Tie fighters. Alot of these I either played or saw one way or another, And now I have a list of great titles.

Thanks for all the input.

Apogee..... Thats a name I haven't heard in quite some time.... Broken Sword, I think I played the GB version. Isn't that a point and click adventure similar to space quest games?? Heh this is great.... so many to research!

And yea Thanks again everyone!!!!

Edited by Belthasar

Apogee means quality to me. :P I have never been dissatisfied with a game released by them.

Shogo is an FPS created by Monolith who have made such other classics like Blood, No One Lives Forever, TRON 2.0, and FEAR. It's the only FPS that really nails huge mecharobot gameplay as well as on-foot gunplay. The mech guns are amazingly fun. It has a huge anime inspiration so if you're into anime then you'll appreciate that.