Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alpha

The YEAR you got into Emulation?

I got into emulation in 1999. I then stopped downloading roms because of all the sites that got shut down. I later on got back into it in 2001 and I found A@H after they lost their roms since I heard many times they use to have the full MAME Roms set. Anyways it's been 4 years now since I have known about it all. :)

So what year did you get into emulation?

its been about a year already since I've been in the emulation game. So yeah, I've kind gotten used to it and I know the rules and what not

*Scratches his head* Hmmmmm depends on "what" you mean by emulation.

I was actually emulating other hardware before I got my first PC, on my Atari's......but not consoles and games, just communications emulation and stuff (I emulated a few pieces of Amiga hardware on my ST for use on certain BBS myself, coded myself)

PC emulation of stuff to play games.........sheesh, I'm guessing 96 was when I first played around with my first console emu.

I think it was around 97. Mostly just MAME and Sega for the first couple of years. I had to choose what ROMs to get carefully as I had a mere 4 GB hard drive.

97 / 98 I got into emulation. I was amazed at the fact that I could play NES - Elevator Action on the computer. Still, to this day it's pretty damn cool.