What NEW games do they sell in your area?

Robert

Decided to drive the 10km to Macarthur Square, and see what's happening.

Firstly I bought 200 blank TDK Gold CD-R's for $59.95, which will see out my CD needs in this lifetime.

Then I took a look in EB Games, and the game sections of the big stores (David Jones and Big W).

There were lots of games for Xbox, Xbox360, PS2, PS3, PSP, GBA, DS, Wii, and PC.

I would have thought the GBA would have died off by now, but apparently not.

The system with the most games was the DS, and the least games was the PS3.

David Jones doesn't even carry PS3 games.

The games are quite expensive to my way of thinking, most of them are $50 and more (some, much more).

Is the situation the same in your area? (I'm talking NEW games here)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, biggest section here at my local EB (10 minute walk) is the PS2 section, but 70% of it is comprised of used games. There is one section of wall dedicated to both PS3 and PSP games (yes both on the same wall section). A A corner deadicated to 360 games, another for DS and GBA (with DS taking up most of it) games.

But yes, we do get new games. As for pharipharals, I have to head to Des-Source EB games or hit the ones uptown.

I tend to always keep games that I purchase good or bad.

I have about 23 PS2 games, I never sell any of my games, I'm one of those people who likes to keep every game purchased, I guess it can be considered as collecting. I'll buy a used game before I buy a new one. It just doesn't seem logical to buy a new game for 50$, considering that my PS2 is pretty much the only game system I play.

I think renting games are too expensive now, it's like 13$ to rent one game when you can buy a decent used game for 3 or 4 dollars more from somewhere else.

Edited by Devia Eleven

The only EB/GameStop near me was the site of a shooting a few months ago, so I rarely go there anymore. I don't know what I would do without a custom firmware on my PSP and an R4 in my DS.