King Of Fighters Live Action Movie

Diso

CANNES -- Hong Kong action director Gordon Chan ("The Medallion," "Fist of Legend") is to direct an English-language, live-action adaptation of best-selling videogame "King of Fighters." Pic will lense in Asia in first quarter of 2008.

Pic will be jointly financed by Japanese production and rights management group Micott & Basara and Australian-U.S. sales agent Arclight/Easternlight.

Concept is owned by SNK Playmore group and been released as 30 arcade, computer and home console games since franchise was launched 21 years ago. Screenplay is being written by "Fearless" scripter Chris Chow.

Production is by Axis Entertainment's Joseph Chou (currently producing upcoming "Appleseed: Ex Machina") and Tim Kwok of L.A.-based Convergence Entertainment ("Wicked City".)

Full Link (Nothing else added. Above is full story)

Thoughts?

I just hope they don't botch this like they do in a lot of video game movies. It would be nice to see them do the orochi arc, but they'll most likely do the Rugal part.

As long as they dont end up making a part three for this movie i think it would be nice. I am not happy with the director. The medalion sucked and i heard the fist of legend also sucked. Crossing my fingers for this one.

As always with video game movies I've always asked "Why"? I'm pretty sure it's going to suck, but the real question is are you going to see it because it's KOF and hope it actually turns out decent enough to warrant acceptance?

How are they gonna find that many talented Actor/Martial Artists? Who could Jason Stathom play?

Poster boys only. Main 3-4 teams would be represented and that's it. Lone Wolves, Team Japan, Kyokugenryu School, Ikari Warriors and Rugal would be the main focus with cameos from the rest. they'd most likely try to do it after kof 94 who has few teams ;)

I seriously hope it doesn't suck! And making it into a single movie is crap also. Trilogies would be great because there's alot of story to cover and I don't want half-assed stories like they did with X-men