What religion are you?

What religion are you?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yay here I come to add more fuel to the fire!

I chose Christian. Because it's all encompassing in the context of this article. I'm an Orthodox Christian by birth.

Cinder, just because you think you follow your own ideas, does not make you more or less of a sheep. Reason is simple, your ideas are not your own ideas at all, as you have been influenced throughout your life into acquiring them, just like millions of others have before you. you are not original hehe.

irrefutable proof that a supreme being is real, at least in the context of our current understanding of the world: existence. simple as that. everyone knows that in the beginning there was nothing, just empty space. then the big bang occurred then blah blah world today. now, isn't it just a tad weird how all of a sudden something came out of NOTHING? hehe ;)

we all know how the body works... we just don't know why :P

if you would like to know my practices please divert your attention to my post in Shoma's Science and Religion topic.

for me religion is a state of mind. a collection of ideas and ideologies to better my life and those around me. the concept of God and Heaven is nice because EACH AND EVERY HUMAN BEING NEEDS LOVE TO FUNCTION!

you want to know the reason why those poor souls blow themselves up in air planes? because they have been brainwashed into thinking that they will be in a place of eternal love. it's not just the lack of education that makes recruiting suicide bombers easy. it's the lack of a purpose in life, of someone to love and care for that person. when they are promised such things, which they have never experienced, they'd jump in front of a truck for them... humans are twisted...

whatever your ideas are, as long as you make your life better and respect everyone else's you can call me brother.

in the worlds of the immortal Vash: LOVE AND PEACE!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay here I come to add more fuel to the fire!

you want to know the reason why those poor souls blow themselves up in air planes? because they have been brainwashed into thinking that they will be in a place of eternal love. it's not just the lack of education that makes recruiting suicide bombers easy. it's the lack of a purpose in life, of someone to love and care for that person. when they are promised such things, which they have never experienced, they'd jump in front of a truck for them... humans are twisted...

Its fuel to understanding ;)

Having lived in Palestine and seen a couple of movies, paradise now being one of them, i can tell you that it is not all what they have been promised but the hatred they have to those people that put them in that place. This is pertaining to suicied bombers in my country. As to those with 9/11 it becomes the matter if it was real or not. Still the act of killing innocent lives is not right.

Axl, my views are entirely formed on my own. They are created based on every experience I've had in my life.

If you are so naive as to believe everyone is like you, and cannot form their own opinions without being influenced, I feel sad for you. I have NEVER gone with the norm, nor have I ever followed a trend........religion being just a small part of that.

If I was so heavily "influenced" like you seem to think, I'd have religious beliefs, as the entire rest of my family (On both sides) does.

For you to think the way you do, shows just how narrow-minded you are.

I don't care what others believe, and I'm not out to change their beliefs. Religion is not only something I don't care for, it's something that pisses me off, because from all corners of religion have I encountered nothing but forcefulness. It doesn't matter if you think you aren't trying to force your religion on someone, if they didn't ask and you are telling them about it and how wonderful it is, you ARE forcing it upon them. I've told every religious group that I've ever encountered, what I tell telemarketers.........PISS OFF, IF I WANTED WHAT YOU'RE SELLING, I'D COME TO YOU!

By the way whats wrong with trying to get you into heaven. Isnt that a good thing.

It was the context in which it was used. When my mother said that, she said it in a way that insinuated I was not going to heaven unless I went to mass. I, on the other hand, do not think mass helps at all. If I want to have lies preached to me by corrupt boy-lovers, I'll watch C-SPAN.

In contrast to what L.S.D. said, I do not have very strong faith because I have not experienced God in any way. A vast majority of my life has been filled with ridicule, shame, and general pain. I attended a private Catholic school for the first 9 years of my education. I never had any real friends; I was the emotional "scratching post," the kid who would get picked on when the other kids wanted to feel cool. My parents would constantly be getting mad at me for not doing homework, doing poorly on tests, and just not living up to what my sister had been (I don't blame my sister at all, though. She was the closest thing I had to a friend through all of this.). Of course, they never tried to help me get better at school, they just yelled louder. I wasn't in shape, my asthma was always acting up, and I often cried myself to sleep because of what the other kids and my parents said to me.

That is why I truly believe God doesn't care about us at all.

Now, before you accuse me of being a whiner, I just want to make some things clear: I am NOT a whiny rich kid (I lived in a crummy duplex on a college campus) and I did NOT post this just to make people feel sorry for me. I could care less what you all think.

Well, I've certainly gotten a lot off of my chest. Carry on.

OK CInder! Ol' Buddy!!!!

Even though i admittedly cannot smile at IJTF_Cinder's thoughts, i understand. It's kinda like saying most black pple are gangster wannabes. It's stereotype-ish but kinda true(I luv my brothas). Same for the old saying, that religious pple are hyper judgmental and sometimes act as if they're trying to do God's job. This is one of the reason i went into deep meditation on life itself. I thought why would the pple who promote peace and love, provoke hatred. Like signs that says "god hates homos/gays". It reminds me of a clip from Family guy where God called Bush and said, "You remember that thing you said, 'God wanted me to be president'....yeeeah..........lets cut that out".-(or something like that.)

Religious pple (from my experienced) have been confused into thinking that they can condemn and set free pple. Even though i dislike such strong words, their words of exp and truth, i wish all my faith-based brother/sisters would learn to just accept pple. Even i get bashed by my own faith-based pple for hanging out with an atheist. There are pple twisted and pple not, these are just twisted pple with the word "faith" behind them, and God doesn't like that at all.

PLz dont hate religion altogether, there are many religious pple who are trying to clean up the mess(like me^^), but no one is willing to giv them a chance, or even change their thoughts(from "hatred" to atleast

"whatever") becuz a bunch of jerks jacked up their p.o.v on faith.

Edited by Shoma

Axl, my views are entirely formed on my own. They are created based on every experience I've had in my life.

If you are so naive as to believe everyone is like you, and cannot form their own opinions without being influenced, I feel sad for you. I have NEVER gone with the norm, nor have I ever followed a trend........religion being just a small part of that.

If I was so heavily "influenced" like you seem to think, I'd have religious beliefs, as the entire rest of my family (On both sides) does. For you to think the way you do, shows just how narrow-minded you are.

I wish you would not be so hostile all of the damn time. :P No one's out to get you so chill hehe. I don't have the slightest interest in changing your views. It's just that the way you put it sounds like we're all retarded zombie sheep that follow something because we're told to and that the only way to liberate ourselves is to repulse everything spiritual in nature like religion. Even if you only hinted at it, that, my friend, makes you the narrow-minded one.

You failed to grasp my point anyway. Those experiences you've had in your life influenced you to create your ideas, it's simple as that. You can't create opinions out of nothing, just like you can't create anything else out of nothing. Everything has a source. These experiences can include: bad church-related scenarios like Mooney had with his mom, 9/11-type events that make everyone think that islamic religion (in this case) is utter crap, friends that have switched to atheism etc. Everyone follows trends or different views my friend, regardless on which side of the coin you are. There's a difference between mainstream and the rest of those types of ideas, but they're still trends, no matter what you want to believe.

There's good and bad influences, it just depends on your point of view. My word of advice to you is: relax. We're all friends here.

OK CInder! Ol' Buddy!!!!

Even though i admittedly cannot smile at IJTF_Cinder's thoughts, i understand. It's kinda like saying most black pple are gangster wannabes. It's stereotype-ish but kinda true(I luv my brothas). Same for the old saying, that religious pple are hyper judgmental and sometimes act as if they're trying to do God's job. This is one of the reason i went into deep meditation on life itself. I thought why would the pple who promote peace and love, provoke hatred. Like signs that says "god hates homos/gays". It reminds me of a clip from Family guy where God called Bush and said, "You remember that thing you said, 'God wanted me to be president'....yeeeah..........lets cut that out".-(or something like that.)

Religious pple (from my experienced) have been confused into thinking that they can condemn and set free pple. Even though i dislike such strong words, their words of exp and truth, i wish all my faith-based brother/sisters would learn to just accept pple. Even i get bashed by my own faith-based pple for hanging out with an atheist. There are pple twisted and pple not, these are just twisted pple with the word "faith" behind them, and God doesn't like that at all.

PLz dont hate religion altogether, there are many religious pple who are trying to clean up the mess(like me^^), but no one is willing to giv them a chance, or even change their thoughts(from "hatred" to atleast

"whatever") becuz a bunch of jerks jacked up their p.o.v on faith.

Garghh ... I hate your typing style. Maybe some people would take your posts seriously. :P

i'm a catholic and that is not a christian, so I just choose the 'other' choice

I believe in heaven and hell and God. I think any religion is OK as long as they taught good thing.

about shoma's grammar screwed, I did to.............. but not everytime