Interesting/Recommended MAME Games

Diso

Exvania

It's like bomberman, but I believe that it's got some stuff in it that bomberman lacks.

Been away from this topic so heres another one.

Musashi Ganryuuki (Ganryu)

In this game, you can play as Musashi... ...

I'll probably play these two soon when I get my very first mame via the net.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month has passed by, but its not dead yet. Anyways, I'll update with this beat em up. I'm a sucker for beat em ups as they are probably my favorite genre in an arcade. So here we go.

Armored Warriors

0000sg9.png

The premise of this game is that there is a treaty between Earth and a planet called Raia (blue humanoids). Some general decides to turn himself into a cyborg and declares war. Earth sends 4 mechs to stop the madman. So yes, this is a mecha beat em up.

0001qt1.png

Character selection

I'm not really sure how the mechs are different. I'm just going with Blodia is balanced, Reptos (favorite) is speed, Guldin is power, and I have no idea wtf Fordy is. A Froggy mech. Jump high I guess.

0002au8.png

You start out in your mech battling enemy mechs with the help of a gun. By default, it's the vulcan which is usually good enough to keep enemy mechs at bay. There are multiple attacks and combos you can perform as well as two moves that deplete your energy bar as you do so. So pretty much basic beat em up.

0003dy2.png

The best part about this game is that you can customize your mech with different arm and leg parts that certain enemy mechs drop. You can change your boring walking mech into a conveyour mech with a drill or a flying mech with laser sword. Each part has different attacks as well as combos. I usually find something new using some part I never used before.

0004lf3.png

Well that's pretty much it. Did too many screen shots so I figure I"ll just show them off. The claw is a fun weapon :peopleseybrow:

0006cj3.png

Example of customizable mech. Drill + Conveyour + Laser weapon Against some octapus boss.

0007zf6.png

This is a bonus level. Levels are pretty short.

0008fj9.png

I recently found out you can do this lol. This is one of the special attacks that drains your health. The other is a shield of some sort.

Anyways, Armored warriors is my favorite Beat em up on MAME and the first unknown beat em up I tried after fooling around with the popular ones such as Alien vs predator and X men. I'm a sucker for mechs/robots (dunno why I've been calling them mechs all the time). Give it a try if you haven't. It's pretty fun.

Edit: I guess you can combine 3 mechs together if you have 3 players. But I wouldn't know. :P

Rare of me to post two at once but just to make up for the month :peopleseybrow:

Dead Connection

0000vw8.png

Dead connection is a platform run and gun type of deal. I'm not really sure how to classify it. You take 4 guys who want revenge against a mob using their trusty revolvers.

0001lm2.png

Playing this game only a few times. I have no idea how the characters are different so oops.

0003lh2.png

Anyways, each level is you charging into a scene about to kill mob members. At the beginning, it tells you to kill a certain amount. Don't worry though, you'll hit it.

0004wg9.png

I think whats neat about this game is that the environment is interactable. Things catch on fire. You can destroy things, which usually lead to powerups or points. In this level, you can kick the statue down the stairs. And yes thats me on the top using the machine gun on them.

0005qr9.png

The aftermath.

You'll notice on the bottom left is how many bad guys are left. When there are 3 left, the boss appears with two henchmen. All 3 of them are stronger; The boss usually has a machine gun while the 2 henchmen are just tougher and faster. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture since I found out the shotgun took them out so fast.

0007zr1.png

Next level. Junkyard.

0009am9.png

You can also dive out of the way from bullets. Diving hurts the enemy and I guess you're temporary invincible when you're diving, But I'm not completely sure.

0008gc9.png

Its pretty easy to kill the enemies. It's just that they come out pretty fast and you might be caught off guard.

0010ho6.png

Heres a picture of the boss and his two goons.

Anyways, Dead connection is a pretty decent game to play. I love the destructable environments and the setting in the 1920s is pretty good too.

Phew thats done. You guys can post too :P

I'm biased towards beat em ups, fighters, and classic games so you might not see the others (such as RACING)

New Update!

Rohga Armored Force

0000fg0.png

Another Mech game but this time its a platform shooter! :naughty:

0001mc3.png

When you start out in the game, it asked you to select or construct a mech. If you choose select, you can choose between 4 types. Construct mode allows you to pick different parts from different mechs. All mechs have the same gun; you're just changing its special ability, melee weapon, and movement. Each part is split between offense and mobility. And yes, I resisted in choosing Type B parts because I think they're vastly superior.

0002co6.png

The Game has same elements as other platform shooters. Run jump shoot dash etc. Shown here is a special weapon going off. Your special weapon strength depends on what level the charge meter is on (it charges automatically)

0003ow2.png

I forget the story here. First part is on a airplane though. Fun.

0005nx2.png

There are many powerups in this game. There's the basic powerup that strengthens your main weapon. Theres the powerup that allows you to change your main weapon when you shoot it (4 different weapons). And there's also little guys you can "rescue" that shoot bullets at the enemy. Life ups and such also.

0006su9.png

Interacting with the environment a bit by gliding(?) on a edge. So I guess that's somewhat unique.

0008kz6.png

I think the most unique part of this game is this shot. When your mech is destroyed, the pilot ejects and keeps a weaker version of the main weapon you currently have. You can still collect the guys, but you have to collect the powerups to build your mech again. And yeah, one shot and you're dead. Btw, when you're continuing, if you're in select mode, you choose between the 4 types. In construct mode, I think you only change the leg setup of your custom mech.

I like this game because it reminds me of target earth (genesis) and assault suit valken (snes). Basically robot games appeal to me in general. The only problem with this game is that it crashes in mission 5 I think on my playthrough. I can't confirm this cause this level select code doesn't work, but I'll see what happens.

A month has passed by, but its not dead yet. Anyways, I'll update with this beat em up. I'm a sucker for beat em ups as they are probably my favorite genre in an arcade. So here we go.

Armored Warriors

0000sg9.png

The premise of this game is that there is a treaty between Earth and a planet called Raia (blue humanoids). Some general decides to turn himself into a cyborg and declares war. Earth sends 4 mechs to stop the madman. So yes, this is a mecha beat em up.

0001qt1.png

Character selection

I'm not really sure how the mechs are different. I'm just going with Blodia is balanced, Reptos (favorite) is speed, Guldin is power, and I have no idea wtf Fordy is. A Froggy mech. Jump high I guess.

0002au8.png

You start out in your mech battling enemy mechs with the help of a gun. By default, it's the vulcan which is usually good enough to keep enemy mechs at bay. There are multiple attacks and combos you can perform as well as two moves that deplete your energy bar as you do so. So pretty much basic beat em up.

0003dy2.png

The best part about this game is that you can customize your mech with different arm and leg parts that certain enemy mechs drop. You can change your boring walking mech into a conveyour mech with a drill or a flying mech with laser sword. Each part has different attacks as well as combos. I usually find something new using some part I never used before.

0004lf3.png

Well that's pretty much it. Did too many screen shots so I figure I"ll just show them off. The claw is a fun weapon :naughty:

0006cj3.png

Example of customizable mech. Drill + Conveyour + Laser weapon Against some octapus boss.

0007zf6.png

This is a bonus level. Levels are pretty short.

0008fj9.png

I recently found out you can do this lol. This is one of the special attacks that drains your health. The other is a shield of some sort.

Anyways, Armored warriors is my favorite Beat em up on MAME and the first unknown beat em up I tried after fooling around with the popular ones such as Alien vs predator and X men. I'm a sucker for mechs/robots (dunno why I've been calling them mechs all the time). Give it a try if you haven't. It's pretty fun.

Edit: I guess you can combine 3 mechs together if you have 3 players. But I wouldn't know. :P

Isn't this game on CPS2? I remember playing it on Kawaks. But it is indeed a nice game.

And the follow-up fighting game, Cyberbots is also great.

Another update. Then things will slow for a while since I don't have any games in mind anymore.

Change Air Blade

0000eu8.png

This is an airplane shooter from Sammy. The twist of the game is that instead of progressing through a level; you instead figh another plane that can turn into a boss. So basically, this is a just a big boss fight game.

0001tr4.png

There are 8 ships you can choose from. Each ship has different powerups as well as a different 'boss' form.

0003ji2.png

This is the beginning of the round. There's only one round in single player mode and you always start on the bottom as the 'player'. The plane that's on top is able to turn into a boss when the power meter is full. In addition, it can do other powerful attacks with its power meter.

0005mf6.png

The bottom player still has a better chance though. It's a bit more agile and its front weapon is more effective than the player on top. Plus, hitting the top player gives out powerups (bombs, helpers, upgrades, and you can even switch position to be the boss). Each player has 3 lifebars also. When they're used up, the player loses and the round is over.

0007ud6.png

Example of a boss form.

0008qi1.png

The boss forms aren't that hard to destroy. But their attacks are usually stronger and can destroy your ship with one projectiles rather than a ton of projectiles.

0011fb3.png

The boss form counts as a lifebar so its easy picking from there.

0012ym9.png

Boom! No I did not die.

0014qa9.png

Stage is over and you continue on to the next stage.

0017dv1.png

Next round. I'm demonstrating one of the helpers powerups you can use.

0018do6.png

In this round, I was able to nab one of those switchers powerups. Now I"m turning into my boss form. Mwuahahah.

0019db3.png

Note that the boss form is over when that power up bar in the lower left is depleted. But the opponent is dead so it doesn't matter anyways.

----------------

I was very interested in this game when I was getting new mame junk (for here and for me). It's a very different shooter than all those other shooters I tried out and it's entertaining. Rounds are short. Give it a try.