CD-R Media

Heres one last one to ask you guys for today before I leave for the course.

What CD-R media do you guys use to burn stuff?? Any recommendations for certain types?

I personally use Memorex CD-Rs and I buy them in the 100 pack spindle cause they are only about 50 bucks and half the price. Well worth it value wise and quality wise, and i havent had any problem with them.

I buy a 100 pack TDK CDR's. They work very nicely and can take a lot of abuse. 8) Don't ever by PNY Technologies CDR's. If you put a piece of tape on the front and you peal it. It will literally peal everything off the cd, all the writing data, everything. 8)

I've got a 50-pack Spindle of Imation - I picked the specific kind of Imation after visiting the site and was confident that they were durable. Too many CD-Rs are just crap and the label side is easily injured. The data is at the label side.

For really important uses, I bought some Kodak Ultima, which calls their protective layer "InfoGuard".

I use unbranded or whatever my local shop has, the unbranded discs are actually quite good, heres a list of the rest

Silver Blue - The Data layer is on the top surface and peels by itself.

TraxData - no probs.

Intenso - great.

Samsung - great.

but by far the best are

Datawrite or Bulkpaq - A couple of these got scratched but amazingly are still readable.

I usually use Imation, Sony, Memorex or TDK. I don't really notice a big difference with any of them as I've only ever burned coasters due to me messing something up. All my cd/r and cd/rw still work too, even an imation one full of NES roms that I put in the washing machine by accident 8)