My new SMS/GG emulator project

olaf

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got around to finishing off full screen mode. Now, it is possible to specify if you want to use a different resolution for full screen mode. Below is a picture of the "configure full screen" window.

olafsms12.PNG

... and yes, olafsms will be publicly released in the near future. :rolleyes:

Well, I fixed full screen support earlier. For some reason, it would only allow resolution changing twice and then it would crap out. I'm also happy to announce that I've gotten state saving/loading to work (albeit in my own proprietary format). Below is a screenshot of me running Hang On/Safari Hunt in 320x240 full screen mode, yay?

olafsms13.PNG

Another great announcement for the day: I've just finished adding in movie recording/playing! I thought ahead with file size in mind -- it will not record Sega Game Gear input data if it's not a Sega Game Gear game being played. It's only 1 byte per read, but, that can add up during a movie and I'm just trying to be efficient anyway. Hooray!

:)

EDIT: You beat me to the announcement, Mooney. Poop.

Edited by olaf

Yet another work-in-progress showing! This time I've optimized the black and white palette that was originally distributed with vbSMS. Below are a few comparisons between emulator windows and palettes...

olafsms-vs1.PNG vs. olafsms-os1.PNG

Look at the tops of the mountains, Sonic's contrast, and the floor.

olafsms-vs2.PNG vs. olafsms-os2.PNG

Look at the flowers, mountains, and character clothing.

olafsms-vs3.PNG vs. olafsms-os3.PNG

The real test... how... horrible.

olafsms-vs4.PNG vs. olafsms-os4.PNG

A Sega Game Gear game... the actual palette is still wrong, but the optimized black and white palette makes a difference (makes games more tolerable to play with the horrible palette).