The Elder Scrolls® IV: Oblivion thread

Mag

anyone pick up this game yet?

been trolling the elder scroll community, hardforums, etc..so far most claim this to be the best rpg ever O_O

someone who has it and played it for an hour or two... please post your impressions of your play so far, what config/spec did you play it on, and what fps did you get on what settings, etc is appreciable.

*sigh* I'll have to upgrade very damn soon, I really wanted all the whistles and bells, not to mention HDR enable.. this 6800gt (256) I have now won't prolly do good at 1024x768 high setting without any stutter... well.. this blows! :P *whipe tears and go back to playin call of cthulhu*

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

*sigh* I'll have to upgrade very damn soon, I really wanted all the whistles and bells, not to mention HDR enable..  this 6800gt (256) I have now won't prolly do good at 1024x768 high setting without any stutter...    well..  this blows! :clapping: *whipe tears and go back to playin call of cthulhu*

Don't cry about it too much. I've been waiting for this game since the first day I played Morrowind, and I'm going to have to run it on my ancient GeForce 4 Ti because I don't have the seven hundred dollars to replace everything in my computer just for a PCIe card.. :P The most irritating thing is that everything except the graphics card is as powerful as I really want it (top of the line old-gen parts), but because it's a socket 478 cpu I'd need to replace the mobo and the core just to get the slot I'd need for the expensive graphics upgrade. Ugh.

The game looks like it's going to be great fun though, even in low-res. I've got my collectors dvd edition on order from Amazon. I figure the delay inherent in shipping will keep it from eating up all my study time for finals. :(

When did CoC get released on the PC?

Also, here are the specs to Obliv yet again

Recommended:

* 3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 1 GB System RAM

* ATI X800 series, Nvidia GeForce 6800 series, or higher video card

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* DirectX 9.0c (included)

* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

* Keyboard, Mouse

Supported Video Card Chipsets:

* ATI X1800 series

* ATI X1300 series

* ATI X850 series

* ATI x800 series

* ATI x700 series

* ATI x600 series

* ATI Radeon 9800 series

* ATI Radeon 9700 series

* ATI Radeon 9600 series

* ATI Radeon 9500 series

* ATI Radeon 9000 series

* NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series

* NVIDIA GeForce FX series

SEX!

I'll be able to play it on high next week. But i'll be starting this week :P

My friend got it on Monday. I watched him play it today. It is beautiful. I need it. Muchly.

I have a DVD-ROM laying around that i need to connect to my computer to find out if it works. I'll be burning my friend's copy of Oblivion (And getting his CD Key, hehe) reguardless, but I'll be soooo happy if I get it to work. :naughty:

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP

* 512MB System RAM

* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor

* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;

* 8x DVD-ROM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space

* Keyboard, Mouse

Hmmmmm given that my PC doesn't meet specs for Doom 3 and I can run it at 800x600 medium details all-round and get a steady framerate throughout the entire game, I wonder if I could pull off running this. I so want to play it.

My System:

* Windows XP SP2

* 512MB System RAM (PC800 RDRAM)

* 1.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 (OC 1.5)

* 64MB Direct3D compatible video card (Radeon 8500)

* 16x DVD-R/RW/RAM drive

* 4.6 GB free hard disk space (More than enough space!)

* Keyboard, Mouse

Looks like my only limitations are CPU speed and video card, which thus far haven't really been "limitations". I guess the only question left is, will the game run with a card that isn't a DX9 card (Pixel shaders checked etc, and game won't even start or what?)

I guess the only question left is, will the game run with a card that isn't a DX9 card (Pixel shaders checked etc, and game won't even start or what?)

This is going to be the determining factor for my pc too. I'm hoping the 128 megs on my GeForce 4 Ti will save me, but I've already mentally constructed a new PC with a PCIe slot that I have no hope of affording just incase. :lol:

I ordered the game already (since I will play it eventually, and I wanted the dvd collector's edition), but I won't be getting it until next week sometime. You other people with low specs let me know how (if) it runs for you.

Heads up, just tried this on my current setup eariler today. Oh man, looks pretty sweet on Medium. But next week, it's m'fin high!

I should post the screenshot I took, but prntscr is being a bitc h.