RPG World 3

Now that I finished the main quest in Oblivion, I think I should update here before I start a new character.

I agree we should get rid of the stats. However, I require each important character to have a profile. I opened a tripod site to store all the profiles, and you can find it on the first page. Those profiles will only be updated when something important happens, like the character joining a new faction, so don't put there things like current money.

You can use this template for the profiles. The fields with * are required. You can add a picture if you like.

*Name:
Race:
Appereance:
Personality:
Factions:
*Class:
Weapons:
Speciel skills:
Super natural:

ATTRIBUTES
Strength:
Speed:
Charisma:
Wisdom:

Melee:
Ranged:
Attack magic:
Support magic:
Misc magic:
Stealth:
Leadership:
Social skills:

Notes:

-The reason race is not required, is that for now we only have humans as major characters.

-State the character's rank for each faction, if that faction has ranking.

-For weapons, state weapons that are identified with the character, or types of weapons he likes to use. Entries like "the revolver his father gave him" or "all types of granades" are good, but don't put there entries like "a gun he picked from a dead guard".

-Speciel skills are skills like lockpick and blacksmith.

-For super natural, state magic types(black magic, nature magic ect.) or other sources of super natural powers(like chi channeling) rather than specific spells and abilities. However, if the character recived a power in a one time method(got the ability to shoot fireballs from his dragon blood), or if that specific power is important to the story(has learned the spell that opens the door to the susita), then you should mention it.

-In attributes, you don't have to use numbers. You should use short descriptions, like "master", "poor", "none". You can use numbers from 1 to 10 if you like. 0 means none.

I will update the first post of this thread with everything. I will make Racid's and Shemesh's profiles, and it's up to you to update the site with your characters.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, on with the story. Human-Bahmaut, please continue the encounter with Lucius, since Lucius now need to tell Racid and Ryla about himself, and I think you should do that scene. Meanwhile, I will proceed with some of the other characters.

---------------------------------------------------------

Alos fires a granade at the Hellspawn. The explosion merely makes the creature angry. The monsters advances to his direction.

Nelfag tries to stab the beast in it's back, but the tail of the Hellspawn throws him to the wall, rendering him unconsciousness.

The barman shoots the abomination with his holy shotgun. The monster dies and disappears.

The barman aims his gun to Alos. "Are you a good robot or one of those evil crazy robots?" he asks.

"Don't worry" Alos calms him. "I am on the good side". "How can I know you are not lying?" asks the barman. "Holy weapons mean nothing to me." Alos explains. "If I was evil, I would have killed you already."

The barman belives him. "Wanna help me clean this place up?" he suggests. "Sure thing." Alos replies. "Say, do you know a guy named Ghede?"...

Ok! I'm back. >> I've been busy, but I'm back.

-------

He chuckles to himself. "Well, anyway, I'm Lucius. Who're you?"

Edited by Human-Bahmaut

Time to get back into this I suppose.

---------------------------------

Slacil woke up with a start. He tried to move his arms but couldn't. Taking deep breaths, he calmed down and began to ponder on the past events. Closing his eyes, he muttered to himself, "Did I fail...?"

A hooded monk suddenly stood above him. Slacil couldn't see his face. The monk bowed to him and said, "Ah..you have awoken warrior."

Slacil asked, "What happened? Who are you and why can't I move?"

The monk replied, "Well, to simply put it, you passed the 1st test. What we were observing was how you responded to a tragic event that occured in your life. We were hoping you wouldn't have acted so...rashly"

Slacil was angered by this and spoke, "You're saying I shouldn't feel pain by my father's death!? That I should've not done anything at all!?"

The monk said, "Well no. What we're trying to say is that anger shouldn't be used excessively. You let it control you, and you almost died because of it. What would happen if you saw one of your friends in danger? Would you act as senseless as you did? Think how easily someone can use that to your disadvantage."

Slacil sighed and said, "So I overreacted too much. I guess I forgot my training in the army. To let go of all emotion, because emotion was an obstacle to our goals.."

Slacil paused for a moment and asked, "You said someting about the 1st test. What other tests am I supposed to undergo?"

The monk said, "You'll learn in time. You're going to spend some time over here...Slacil. Don't worry. We'll send you on th way of entering the world again...For now, just try to get some rest."

The monk started to walk away and stopped, "Oh and we bounded you down to that bed with a spell because we knew you would try to do something stupid...Your kind always does."

Chuckling, the monk walked out of the door.

-----------------------------------------------------

So many jumbled separate storylines. I suppose we'll get through all of them in time.

Don't forget to update the site with your character profile. Or post it here and I will update it.

---------------------------------------------------

Diego sits in his office. Being the executive head of the thieves guild is a frustrating job, so Diego decides to relax on a cup of tea.

The door opens. Diego sees that Ghede is on the other side. finally! he thinks. He is back to take the guild. This job is not for me. I wanted to be a poet anyways...

"I have orders for you." Ghede starts giving orders. "They know. I already said it myself!!!" he says. Sorry... I will be quiet now.

"Ghede? you sound... different." Diego notices. "Are you O.K.?"

"Yes I am O.K.!!!" Ghede shouts. "I mean... sure, don't worry. I'm just hoarse. It'll pass."

Ghede gets to the orders. "Send twenty men to the archeological site in the Tasoben ruins. They are to steal and retrive any document found there."

"Right away sir!" Diego says. "I will go give them the orders."

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Ghede recalls. "I put you in charge of the operation. Start packing."

Diego sighs. "Just when I thought I can take a day off..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Alos and the barman are still cleaning up.

"So, Crale," Alos says. "Have you heard anything about a guy named Shemesh?"

Crale the barman thinks for a moment, and than replies. "Now that you mention it, some people said they have encountered him. They say he was seeking information about Tasoben ruins. They also said he wasn't very nice. He threatened to kill them if they don't cooperate."

"Really?..." Alos sais. "Go on..."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Human-Bahmaut, please continue the part with Racid, Ryla and Lucius fast, or I'll have to get Lucius knocked unconscious and go on with the story.

You mean I control all three characters...? <=\

You mean I control all three characters...? <=\

A missunderstanding... I guess I should have pinpointed this.

We are playing RPG World on a fourm, not a chat room. Since the characters interact to each other, if a character is controlled only by the one who created it, every simple conversation and every battle will take days! Also don't forget that I live on the other side of the world. When it's day in America, it's night here at Israel.

So, the system is like this: everyone controll all the characters and the story line. However, there are limitations. One can not make a drastic change to other person's character. Disoblige is the one who made his character Slacil go to the afterlife. I was the one who made my character Roger guard the elemental realm of wind for eternity.

However, not every change is not alowed. You should use your common sense. Here are few examples:

*A guy named alexis made a character, but since he abandoned it, I made Roger and Slacil leave it in a city. We never heard from it ever since.

*Disoblige made my character suck to another realm along with his character. This is O.K., since he just moved the whole story into that other realm.

*OverlordMondo made the characters of Disoblige and me enroll into the Thieves guild. This is allowed because this change was not important.

Basically the rule is that you can't cause a major unchangeable damage to other user's main character.

Since Racid and Ryla are already presented, their characteristics can not be changed so easily by the encounter with Lucius. However, if Disoblige or me will write this encounter, we will probable alter Lucius's characteristic in ways you don't want. Therefore, you should do it.

edit:

I just looked at the profile in your sig. Magic and magical abilities fall under super natural, not speciel skills. Speciel skills is for skills us regular humans can learn, like lockpicking, cooking and tracking traces.

When the profile is finished, please post here, PM me, or put it on the site yourself.

So Are you ever going to get Roger out of the wind Realm? I was going to do something about that, but I guess not heh. I put away Slacil for now since he's under guidance. I'll get back to him later on in the story. I guess we'll still waiting on bahamut to do that scene sooo...

---------------------------

Nelfag was waiting for Alos to return. He paced back and forth in his room when he heard a knock on his door. "Enter" he said. Alos stepped in and shut the door behind him. Nelfag looked at him for a moment.

"Well...what did you find out?" Nelfag asked.

Alos reported, "Ghede and Shemesh are currently looking for the Tabosen ruins. The barkeep wasn't so sure what was rumored to be there, but I'm pretty sure that it will lead those two to a powerful relic...possibly even to a susita...."

Nelfag gathered this information and said, "With the thief guild on their side, they're bound to find those ruins right away. I doubt we can do much to stop them..."

Alos asked, "Pardon me, but aren't there more assassin guilds around that we can ssk for help?"

Nelfag responded, "Well...yes. but their members are considerably smaller than the thieves guild. They may have greater skills, but with the current number of thieves in the guild, it'll still won't be enough."

Nelfag walked to the window and stared at the setting sun, "Also, not all the assassin guilds would jump in so readily to cooperate. We would have to provide a fee to ensure their support. I just hope Shemesh and Ghede didn't convince them to join their side yet."

Nelfag turned around and asked, "Do you know of any more robots that we can enlist to help us?"

Alos said, "I doubt it. Robots were used in armies before in ancient civilizations to help their masters. But as for today, I don't think there aren't many robots like myself."

Nelfag questioned, "I was wondering about that. What makes you able to think for youself?"

Alos answered, "All robots in my time were inserted with a crystal that allowed us to be stronger than the robots you have today. We used to behave in the slavelike manner. The crystal was granted to us for our loyalty to our masters. It also enhances our abilities and makes us resistant to those attacks that a robot is weak against."

Nelfag nodded, "I see. And there isn't any way for someone to take that crystal and harness its powers for himself?"

Alos said, "I don't believe so. Believe it or not, these crystals are the same the powers the susitas. Since only ancient technology can be used to utilize the power within these crystals, I don't think anyone has much use for them."

Nelfag thought for a moment, "You'll have to be careful then. If any of the kingdoms found out about this, they'll bound to capture you and make replicas of that crystal to make destructive weapons"

Alos said, "Don't worry. Especially with you, I cannot be captured so easily....It's getting late Nelfag. You have to undergo what you call sleep correct?"

Nelfag nodded and went to bed.

-------

...Outside the door, a dark silhouette stood listening to the conversation. He silently slipped down the dark corridors out of sight.

----------------------------------

Alright, well, here goes.........

-------------

"Oh, my name is Racid, and this is-"

"I'm Ryla."

"Pretty name." He smiles and jumps back into the tree he fell out of.

"Ah- Thank you." She turns a bit red.

--------------

Aaaaaand, I'm sleepy... so... I'm not running so smoothly... I'll pick up tomorrow or something... -.o

I'm sorry, I can't seem to create a personality I can follow for Ryla or Racid. I can easilly do that for my character, but I did not create Ryla or Racid, so I find it harder. My apologies.

Mmmm.... I guess you need some RPGW experience to play characters with evolved personality... even if they are dumb like Racid.

I will help you out on this one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"So..." Ryla begins. "What I'm saing is..."

"Who the flock are you?" Racid interrupted. "And what are you doing here?"

"Racid!" Rayla says. "You could have said it an polite way!"

"Polite?" Racid is confused. "Oh, I forgot. You are a cop..." Ryla speaks. "But Didn't they thought you anything in that ranger tribe?"

"No need to fight." Lucius notes from above. "My name is Lucius...."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, HB, I think you can take care of it from now. Feel free to elaborate the personality of new characters. Those belong to everybody.

And do you plan to add more to Lucius's profile? If it is finished, than I will put it on the site.